Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narcisses

Can i just ask -ARE THERE ANY SUCCESS STORIES??

HI everyone,

I was just wanting to know if there were any people who were successful in their scar revision therapies??

It just seems like there's a tonne of stories where nothing good came out of surgery - it's depressing. It makes you feel like there's no hope.

If there's anyone out there who's been able to fix their atrophic acne scarring PLEASE tell us about it and let us know!!

- smile.gif thanks.

Of course there are...

90% of people who have success will not return.

Thankyou Rossignol and bern, i'll try not to get disheartened.

90% of people with success do not return - i can see why. I wanna be part of that team one day. I really really really want to get rid of these disgusting scars!

I had great success getting rolling scars filled with Restylane. Nothing else that I tried did very much to be honest. Like others, I have mostly learned to live with them, and that is at least half of the battle imho.

I am getting another syringe full of Restylane in a few weeks, and eventually will get a longer lasting or even permanent filler - possibly fat or silicone. Until I can take a holiday and fly to a place where the best docs are Restylane is an awesome option!

Here are the things that work best for acne scars

1. fillers

2. punch floats or punch grafts followed by dermabrasion

3. TCA Cross (but only for certain people, possibly only those under 30?)

Try not to be discouraged, help is out there!

Thankyou Rossignol and bern, i'll try not to get disheartened.

90% of people with success do not return - i can see why. I wanna be part of that team one day. I really really really want to get rid of these disgusting scars!

Hi Narcisses -

I started out with with probably the most severe scars that I have ever seen. It has taken multiple treatments of various types with several doctors but I have had substantial improvement. I would say maybe 80% to 85% improvement. My first doctor sent me a pre treatment photo that he took so whenever I need to reflect on progress, I just pull out the old photo to realize how far I have come.

I still have additional work that is needed, primarily, some more filler in the cheek areas and maybe one more dermabrasion to get rid of remaining residual hypertrophic scarring. The thechniques today are MUCH better than when I started 15 years ago and they are getting better by the day. Just save your money, find the best doctors and the best techniques and take it a step at a time. Don't lose heart because scars can be substantially improved to the point that they are barely noticeable and not distracting.

My past treatments -

* - excisions with one partial face dermabrasion

* - full face deep dermabrasion

* - subscisions with fat transfer (I am very lean and he could not get quite enough fat)

Future plans -

* - one more round of subscisions with fat transfer (if I can fatten up)

* - additional semi-permanent or permanent filler (Artecoll, aquamid, fascian, etc.) I am still researching this and not sure which is the best

* - one more dermabrasion

Take care and DON'T lose heart.

Dan cool.gif

Thankyou Dan. I really appreciate yours and everyone's words very very much.

thankyou thankyou!

Hi Narcisses -

I started out with with probably the most severe scars that I have ever seen.  It has taken multiple treatments of various types with several doctors but I have had substantial improvement.  I would say maybe 80% to 85% improvement.  My first doctor sent me a pre treatment photo that he took so whenever I need to reflect on progress, I just pull out the old photo to realize how far I have come.

I still have additional work that is needed, primarily, some more filler in the cheek areas and maybe one more dermabrasion to get rid of remaining residual hypertrophic scarring.  The thechniques today are MUCH better than when I started 15 years ago and they are getting better by the day.  Just save your money, find the best doctors and the best techniques and take it a step at a time.  Don't lose heart because scars can be substantially improved to the point that they are barely noticeable and not distracting. 

My past treatments -

* - excisions with one partial face dermabrasion

* - full face deep dermabrasion

* - subscisions with fat transfer (I am very lean and he could not get quite enough fat)

Future plans -

* - one more round of subscisions with fat transfer (if I can fatten up)

* - additional semi-permanent or permanent filler  (Artecoll, aquamid, fascian, etc.)  I am still researching this and not sure which is the best

* - one more dermabrasion

Take care and DON'T lose heart.

Dan    cool.gif

I had a CO2 laser resurfacing and a few excisions about five years ago for moderate scarring and was happy with the results. It evened out my skin's tone and texture and softened the edges of my boxscars. There are very tiny hypopigmented scars where the excisions were done. But, they are almost invisible. (I have rather fair skin) There was no pain and only about two weeks of downtime. Including anesthesia, the cost was about $3000. I think this is an excellent option for people with light skin tones.

I still have some scarring visible in harsh, directional light. But I feel much better about my skin and have even had people compliment my complexion. I'm going to have restylane injected this month as well. I'll let you know how that works out.

Ann

Hmm,

Trouble is - i have dark skin, so i'm not so sure those therapies are applicable to me.

Thanks anyway, hope your treatment continues to go fantastically.

I had a CO2 laser resurfacing and a few excisions about five years ago for moderate scarring and was happy with the results. It evened out my skin's tone and texture and softened the edges of my boxscars. There are very tiny hypopigmented scars where the excisions were done. But, they are almost invisible.  (I have rather fair skin) There was no pain and only about two weeks of downtime. Including anesthesia, the cost was about $3000. I think this is an excellent option for people with light skin tones.

I still have some scarring visible in harsh, directional light. But I feel much better about my skin and have even had people compliment my complexion. I'm going to have restylane injected this month as well. I'll let you know how that works out.

Ann

electroscars--

I had a full face resurfacing. My surgeon said she could feather out the edges if I didn't want to do the full face. However, I had a few wrinkles and she thought it would look a little strange if they were removed only from my cheeks.

The excisions were on boxscars. However, I don't know how she chose which scars to excise. I had about 10 to 20 scars on each cheek and she only excised about 3 or 4. I have no idea if it could be done around the mouth. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ann

ann,

how did your excision turn out did it help make the scars less visible??

Mikey,

Unfortunately, my doctor lost all my pre-operative photos and I don't remember what each of the excised scars looked like before. I can only tell you that the resulting scar is only visible from a few inches away and even then is very faint. They are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch long, so the acne scars that were removed must have been on the small side. It's important to remember that I had CO2 laser resurfacing done at the same time. I don't know what the excision scars would look like without resurfacing. Hope this answers your question.

Ann

i got rolling n carbox scars from cortisone injections. im helpless. i dunno if i should do fraxel, dermabrasion or permanent filler.

help>?

(bump)

And....PEOPLE!! tell me more about your success stories, are there any new ones??????

-miss N. wub.gif

Guest delta force operators

i think im starting to move on

chanGing to the whole new organic perspective i can only hope that miracles can happen..that is it..and miracles can happen

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

-HEBREWS 11-1

i will never be the same again

i can never return ive closed the door

i will walk the path ill run the race

and i will never be the same again.

Please give it some thought before getting CO2 or Erbium laser surgery. It's a very invasive procedure - you are literally walking around skinned until it heals. When it goes wrong (and I've run across lots more than my case where it went wrong), it goes really wrong. I had Erbium laser on my face, and it left me with more scars than I had when I went in. And another doctor I saw said most people do not see improvement with CO2 laser. When it was over, I'd have been happy to have spent $5,000 and seen no improvement, rather than end up with more scarring. I would recommend trying the less invasive procedures first.

I have medium skin tone. I had Cool Touch work. I've also had microdermabrasion with the Cool Touch; that worked.

I've had one Cross and will do my second soon.

while I haven't had 100% result. I have had results.

So hang in there.