Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

T MINUS 23 PILLS TO GO!!! (or if you prefer, Week 28/Day 5)

Apparently some people don't even get clear til after they're done their treatment? I definitely was not aware of that before I was skimming thru people's logs today. I don't have any active acne, but in case some pops up in the next 23 (yes *23*) more days I'll know not to completely freak out!!!

Just want redness to fade... Oh and lips to hurry up and HEAL, man they hurt, like burning and I'm getting another slit on the right side of my bottom lip to match the one on the left I think... Not quite there yet but on it's way.

I noticed today while I was washing my face... Just with cetaphil, same thing I've been using the entire treatment... That my face was burning like I had a really super bad sunburn. It doesn't hurt now.. now that i'm outta the shower & have moisturizer on my face again...

Styler - thought about tanning, but lately I'm a little concerned of my potential for skin cancer/premature aging what with Accutane and having worked outside for 4 summers!! I'm taking a break from indoor tanning this year... I seriously love physician's formula green powder though, it's fantastic gets rid of pretty much all red marks so I can make do with that for now. Gonna go check out ur log now ttyl :)

Week 29/Day 2

My face is peeling BAD man.... above my upper lip and a little bit on my nose, and my chin... Yuck. Oh and my lips of course. Yuck yuck blech lol. I'm thinking it *might* be because I was making out with a guy w/moustache and goatee all night tho... BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ya.... lol. Chafing. lol.... I kinda hope that's why... so if I avoid him for a while it'll calm down again. hahaha.

ok that is all goodnight!

11 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Almost finished ladies and gentlemen.... cannot wait.... after today only 11 more pills ever... (hopefully ever). My face.. is clear except for one smallish red zit on my right cheek but I am going to chalk it up to pms. My nose and lips are both soooooo dry. I wonder how long it'll take my lips to get back to normal?

The slit in my bottom lip actually healed, I wish I could tell you when but it has been a while and you know, you don't notice when things are good just when things are unusual or painful... If that makes sense.

V. excited for smooth lips, smooth skin.

ONE MORE WEEK!!

There are exactly 7 pills left in my last pill book of Accutane ever! Now tell me how exciting is that lol.

A little disconcerned by the medium-sized red bumps I have, one on each cheek, but they are probably a result of pms and will go away soon.

Lips still dry... I wonder how long it will take for them to go back to normal? Body also super dry... Ecsema on calves and lower arms, and starting to form on my sides as well, it's just lovely, hopefully will be gone soon!!

Anyway nothing is really changing, just wanted to update on the one-week-left thing and say MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!! :D

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope it works... aka skin issues don't come back & red marks fade... i gotta stop wearing makeup

So... I just took the last pill... and I am now officially DONE TREATMENT! 7 months... completed. Doesn't seem all that long looking back!!!! So now I guess we'll find out how fast redmarks fade... lips stop being dry... and if acne comes back (which I really super hope it doesn't, of course!!)

I don't think I'll be updating as much but I'm gonna post every couple weeks/month to keep track of progress after treatment...

In the meantime... thanks for reading and have a very happy excellent new year! Happy 2006!!! :dance::clap:

So... I just took the last pill... and I am now officially DONE TREATMENT! 7 months... completed. Doesn't seem all that long looking back!!!! So now I guess we'll find out how fast redmarks fade... lips stop being dry... and if acne comes back (which I really super hope it doesn't, of course!!)

I don't think I'll be updating as much but I'm gonna post every couple weeks/month to keep track of progress after treatment...

In the meantime... thanks for reading and have a very happy excellent new year! Happy 2006!!! :dance::clap:

Congrats and clear skin for 2006 onwards to you!

Gregas --> Thanks :)

It has now been 9 days since I finished treatment... And I'd like to say that things are going fairly well. My lips are still dry but noticeably less so... And redmarks on face are fading ever so slowly...

However just now I was noticing little bumps all along the right side of my jaw bone from my chin.... So I'm thinking I will wait til the end of the week or even next week and if that continues, call my derm again. I was on accutane for 7 freakin' months!!!! There's no WAY in HELL i'm goin back to having zits all the time again. Maybe it's cuz i was cigarette smoking/wearing makeup this weekend?

Ya.... so.... it has been 10 days off Accutane... and huge red cysts on my stupid butt are back, I am SOOO UPSET about this, I am calling derm today if I can ever find the phone number and gonna get back on Accutane, cuz clearly it wasn't long enough and didn't work. Yes my face is clear (except for small bumps as I was saying yesterday, and those aren't cool either) but accutane is sposed to clear your whole body right? Like people have major bacne cleared with this stuff soooo I am not settling for buttne LOL. Oh god. what a ridiculous situation.

Helllooooo again

My derm put me back on Accutane for one more month. I have to go pick up the prescription tonight (she just called it in to local pharmacy). So, so much for being done in 2006, that's okay though, it's only one month and so worth having clear skin.... if that's what it takes.... sign me up.

HUGE CYST ON MY FUCKING NOSE

Honestly. Seems like Accutane doesn't work at all. 7 months... there's no reason why I should be getting cysts like that now. Not a single one for 7 months then BAM - right on my nose 11 days after stopping treatment. This is ridiculous.

ali the red nosed reindeer

had a very shiny nose

and if you ever saw it

you would even say it glows....

and a whitehead on my jawline to boot!

still haven't picked up extra month of Accutane... gonna get my mom to pick it up for me tonight cuz I work late. Not that i think an extra month is gonna really help. if i didn't stay clear after 7 months i doubt an 8th will make the difference!

I'm in a better mood today lol.... back on Accutane for 30 days as of today... So we'll see but I think it's in my head exactly how bad it is right now... although.... my nose is definitely red. oh well

it's +9 degrees outside in JANUARY I love it

have a good day all

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR ---> NEVER EVER use depilatory creams (or however you spell it) while on Accutane (those hair-remover creams). Can you say BURN. Ow. lol.

Sooo I'm back to the dry lips/around my mouth stage, and I've noticed my face is a lot more red again.... Cuz i just started Accutane again, well on day 8/30. Have a very small almost non-zit on my left cheek. And the remainders of the cyst-turned-whitehead on my nose. I don't know if I'll ever be clear w/out treatment but I am clear while ON Accutane.

Well, obviously Accutane does not work.

My face is clear but now I'm getting random zits on my sides and my stomach, which is disgusting, and oh joy upon joy on my butt again, this is ridiculous. And my derm is never available for appointments. I want a dosage increase. Or something that will work. I'm thinkin about goin back on Diane 35 as it's an acne treatment too but the thing is, I don't want to have to rely on medication to be clear! I thought that was the point of taking Accutane!

I am thinking maybe when off Accutane that tanning might help some of the zits popping up on my body and maybe help my butt a bit. *%^&%&&^%(*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Well... 2 more days after today..........

Just in case anyone still reads this log even though i'm the most pessimistic person in the universe now (!!!) does anyone know if the patch (to quit smoking) combined w/accutane is a really bad idea or not? thanks!

So I've been off Accutane for about a month.... Updating like I said I would!! I am still clear so far...... I say this tentatively cuz I'm still worried it will all of a sudden come back, but so far so good. I've kept up on the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer routine.... curious to see what will happen now that I'm back on birth control... hopefully doesn't hurt anything... have small zit right above right eyebrow but prolly cuz of time of the month. Which hilariously enough, even though it came up today (Tuesday) I knew about it on Saturday, cuz there was this woman's show thingy I went to with my friend and they had one of those skin analysis machines... the kind they use on TLC's 10 years younger if anyone watches it! lol. Anyway the guy said he could see a clogged pore above my right eyebrow so I was expecting it. Wish I had one of those machines in my room hahahhahaha. It would be a cool way to track progress.

Anyway just thought I'd share that so far so good.

Hey everyone! So it's been 5 months since the last time I posted...

I am still clear... it was a marvelous clear summer... although I am slightly red right now, but that's cuz i was out in the sun all afternoon sans real sunscreen (just spf 15 moisturizer not the best thing on days with 8+ UV warnings!)

anyway just wanted to update that the situation is not as bad as I feared. I am still worried it'll come back, but really now the only time I get zits is around that time of the month, and then it's only one small whitehead that goes away in less than a day.

So all you people still in the treatment stage, stay optimistic cuz now i'm pretty sure, yes it does work!

TTYL!

Ali :D

Hello everyone!

So it's been about a year and a half since I last posted...

I had I'd say a full year, maybe a bit longer, of clear skin. No breakouts, maybe one or two tiny zits at my time of the month.

UNFORTUNATELY.... skin issues are reoccuring now, and I have a dr appt next Wednesday to hopefully get another referral to a dermatologist... start the process over again... In the meantime a friend has an extra month I might take.

Same problems as before my first treatment... whiteheads on my chin, random cysts on cheeks. And two days ago for the first time in my life I have a full fledged bacne outbreak.... WTH.

Considering going back on Accutane though... Cuz it did work... and maybe a second treatment would do me for life. Or maybe I have a so-called skin disease like my friends roommate.

Anyway, I will start a new log if I do in fact do that, will call it Ali's Accutane Log Part II.... I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!! mua hahaha

Best of luck to everyone!