Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darth Hideous

I feel like dying is the only answer

Egoprofit - I think it's great to be honest, and it is a fact that not everyone will handle the truth very well and that some will be hurt by it.

But I also think there are better ways to get the same point across, without being insulting.

You called Darth a complete f#%*ing idiot - well,

but just remember you can't judge people over the internet

if someone posts about killing themselves because of acne then they deserve to be kicked in the fucking teeth..

why??..

because there are millions of people dieing of cancer. because there are millions of people who have 1 leg, or 1 arm, or NO ARMS AND LEGS...

don't you understand how petty it is to be SO FUCKING SELFISH TO THINK YOU SHOULD DIE BECAUSE OF ZITS??

Egoprofit - I understand how you would find it petty, but you judged too quickly. You have to take the time to read all of his posts to see that it is not solely because of acne.

There are many other things, and yes, many due to physical aspects (either appearance or health-wise), but I believe the acne is far from the deep reasons for his considering committing suicide.

You don't speak the truth, you are just as completely full of shit as the next man.

You just don't know it or you just don't understand it.

You are some kid - maybe 25 at the most - judging how they deem other people should feel about issues or life itself, and it is absurd. You know jack shit about life or the world or how it feels to be anyone but a self rightious prick, but apparently that gives you the authority to understand.

You are some kid - maybe 25 at the most - judging how they deem other people should feel about issues or life itself, and it is absurd.  You know jack shit about life or the world or how it feels to be anyone but a self rightious prick, but apparently that gives you the authority to understand.

Holy shit Miss Cleo!! You are a fucking genius!!

That's true.. but why do you waste your time arguing with me when clearly i'm an ignorant idiot? It's pointless. Don't make yourself look stupid...

P.S. If anyone was really TRULY thinking of suicide they'd probably just DO IT, not go on the internet AND POST ABOUT IT!! ROFL razz.gif

Egoprofit - I understand how you would find it petty, but you judged too quickly.  You have to take the time to read all of his posts to see that it is not solely because of acne.

There are many other things, and yes, many due to physical aspects (either appearance or health-wise), but I believe the acne is far from the deep reasons for his considering committing suicide.

ok, i'm not going to argue with you because you're Canadian and I like Canadians. Thanks for the feedback.

You are some kid - maybe 25 at the most - judging how they deem other people should feel about issues or life itself, and it is absurd.  You know jack shit about life or the world or how it feels to be anyone but a self rightious prick, but apparently that gives you the authority to understand.

Holy shit Miss Cleo!! You are a fucking genius!!

That's true.. but why do you waste your time arguing with me when clearly i'm an ignorant idiot? It's pointless. Don't make yourself look stupid...

P.S. If anyone was really TRULY thinking of suicide they'd probably just DO IT, not go on the internet AND POST ABOUT IT!! ROFL razz.gif

My beef isn't about someone being suicidal. It's about the trivial opinion people give over issues that clearly are far from trivial. Everyone is just so full of crap to admit it because they are either too ignorant on what problems arise, in denial, or both. The soft spoken types are usually in denial, but the loud mouths as yourself are for the most part just ignorant about it.

I didn't say you were an idiot, just naive about all this shit.

P.S. If anyone was really TRULY thinking of suicide they'd probably just DO IT, not go on the internet AND POST ABOUT IT!! ROFL 

No. I think he is truly considering it, but perhaps deep down does not want to because, beyond the apparent cynicism, I believe there is still a little ounce of hope in him.

People who consider suicide often do not actually want to die, but rather, not feel the pain anymore, and they see no better solution.

Sometimes people show signs, sometimes they talk about it, sometimes they don't.

You can never know when it is serious or not, but it should never be taken lightly.

It's good that he shared his feelings.

Hardertobreathe - you were mistaken about my not knowing anyone close to suicide.

I have attended the funeral of a friend who did commit suicide. She was 32, her kids taken away, she was on drugs and just beginning to deal with a childhood full of sexual abuse. And she killed herself.

And the reason I say what I do about Darth, well - the personal experience is this:

I was 17 years old and living at home with a very dysfunctional mother and stepfather. Beatings, pedophilia, and drugs were all daily happenings. I was trying to get out.

Apparently, so were they. Every evening for three months straight (and believe me, this is no exageration), they sat me and my 15 year old sister down in front of them and told us that when we woke up, they would be dead. They were going to kill themselves and we'd better be ready to take care of ourselves. They said things that are similar to what Darth says "There is no hope. Death will be a release. It's the only way." They sounded like a goddamn Ann Rice novel.

After the first week of hearing this and waking up to see them passed out, strung - out, on the couch, I decided I could not ride this roller coaster anymore. So, when the evening talk came, I just began to nod. And nod. And nod.

How much can a person take, I ask you? Not the person feeling suicidal, but those they are dragging with them throughout the entire thing. How many nights can you go to sleep, wondering, worrying if they will be alive in the morning?

How many nights could you take that?

Needless to say, they never killed themselves and I eventually got myself removed from the home.

So you see, Hardertobreathe, I have experience. Both in the grief of those who DO kill themselves -

and both in those who are simply to afraid and to angry to do anything but lash out.

on a personal note, my girlfriend's father killed himself when she was 9 years old... now she is in her early twenty's and is still very affected by this.

so, in short, it's a very selfish act and hurts those around you. those who love you. thats why it pisses me off when kids talk about killing themselves BECAUSE OF ACNE.

It is selfish. It took me some time to forgive Mikki, and even now, sometimes I think back to the anger I felt. "Now I have to go talk to a fucking grave and that will have to be enough." I will never know what she was feeling and I cannot say that she was wrong for doing it. It is not for me to judge the dead.

But for all the times in my life people I've loved have flippantly screamed "suicidal", she was the one who did it and the one who gave no signs whatsoever. I think of all of the wasted time I spent comforting those who were never really serious about killing themselves and what that help could have done if I had been able to give it to Mikki.

It is something that is serious - and it is why I share Egoprofit's frustration.

Yes, doing well. Thank you, searchingforthesolution. smile.gif Mucho years of therapy, unsent letters, punching bags (and the occasional wall), and recovering from the few years of my own darkness is bringing me some peace. Thank you.

Wow. Elsewhere i would like to apologize for my post, maybe i read yours the way you weren't intending for it to be read.

I too have spent many hours up with a close friend trying to bring him out of his depression, many times he ended up in hospital after deliberately harming himself. It terrifies me how close people can come to feeling that death is the only answer. I have been through some rough patches, every time i think i see the light something comes along and brings me way back down again. Maybe Darth doesn't see any other way out and is posting here to try and get something more to help him from going down that path.

Whether or not Darth is serious is not for any of us to decide. Reading some of the unsupportive, downright rude remarks that some people post here just make me mad because they are totally unhelpful and i just wish that they would try to understand before they judge.

Egoprofit -depression is not something a person can come out of easily. Suicide is seen as the only way of releasing all the pain inside that a person has tried many other ways to get rid of. It's usually not just one thing that makes them feel this way but the combination of many bad things in their life that just get worse. Somebody who is that low cannot always see things clearly, that doesn't make them selfish or weak.

Searchingforthesolution-i just wanted to say i love reading your posts, you are always so supportive and caring and offer some really good thoughts that i'm sure have helped many more than Darth. Thank you.

Elsewhere I'm sorry for all that you have been through and i'm glad to see you are getting your life back on track. Take care.

And Darth -please post, let us know how your doing.

Searchingforthesolution-i just wanted to say i love reading your posts, you are always so supportive and caring and offer some really good thoughts that i'm sure have helped many more than Darth. Thank you.

Thank you hardertobreathe. It was unnecessary but so very appreciated.

I sometimes don't know if what I write is helpful.

I remember reading Darth's first post and initially feeling such compassion, and then reading more and more and beginning to feel hopeless, seeing the support offered and then the rebuttals to each of those heartfelt words. So, in one my first posts to Darth, I may have come across a little bit more direct.

So I can understand people's frustrations, but it really is more complex, and we should offer the support we can. What he does with it will ultimately be up to him.

I just hope he still has a care and desire to help himself, because if he no longer feels these things, it is unlikely that anything we will ever say will make a difference. It is difficult for others to offer something that must come from him first, at least partly.

I know I really do care, but also know I can only do so much. I often feel the strong need and desire to help someone and feel saddened because they are sad, but I am learning, though it's hard, that I should offer the support I can and be there if they need me, without taking the weight of the world upon my shoulders and feeling responsible for everyone.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive because it is furthest from what is in my heart.

I truly do hope Darth will let us know how he's doing.

Hardertobreathe - I enjoyed reading your entire post - thank you.