Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lexy

MY SCAR TREATMENT JOURNAL

hmm... I wonder how long it takes for the scar to start healing? My other scars are... it's been about 33 hours and this one hasn't budged :eusa_sick:

hmm... I wonder how long it takes for the scar to start healing? My other scars are... it's been about 33 hours and this one hasn't budged :eusa_sick:

hey lexy by using super cop has any of your scars actually been dissappeared? or hardly noticable?

hey lexy by using super cop has any of your scars actually been dissappeared? or hardly noticable?

Some scars have shrunk significantly in diameter so now they look more like scarred pores, and some very shallow ones are now almost level to the surface. I don't think any scars have actually went away though. Also this hideous deep pit I had is a lot more shallow and softer than before. it's no longer saucer shaped either and is not very noticeable anymore. Not all my scars have responded though and after July, improvement has been minimal.

Some scars have shrunk significantly in diameter so now they look more like scarred pores, and some very shallow ones are now almost level to the surface. I don't think any scars have actually went away though. Also this hideous deep pit I had is a lot more shallow and softer than before. it's no longer saucer shaped either and is not very noticeable anymore. Not all my scars have responded though and after July, improvement has been minimal.

amazing improvement for a topical. Almost all the topicals i used eithe does nothing or break me out. now I'm seriously considering getting some super cop. That area between my nose and upper lip is just chock full of scarred pores or icepicks or whatever the heck those things are.

and about your burn from the jessner: I read alot of tca cross threads and from all accounts, it does seem like the scar first gets bigger and deeper and then fills back up, it's part of the process.

aww, lexy, i'm so sorry to hear about your and your boyfriend. It really must be tough. Honestly, these scars are the devil, I feel like I can't live my life fully because of them...even though I try to be and live as normal as possible, its just always there....like they're laughing at us...:evil::evil: mockin and making life that little bit more miserable. I know what you're going through. You're a tough one though...it takes a lot of guts to actually face ppl with TCA scabs all over your face. I admire you for that.

You just gotta keep thinking that all this will be so worth it in the end. *biiiig hug* I hope you feel a little better. Btw, I'm also getting TCA soon. I'll let you know how it goes. Take care Lexy!

hey lexy, that sucks. Doesn't your boyfriend have scars too? I guess maybe the fact that you are doing so much to try to improve your skin makes him insecure about his own skin?

I know for one I would NEVER let anyone know how much I do to my skin. I'm a guy and I have so many different things (all left over from trying different products) that it embarasses me.

Once a really good friend of mine saw my stuff and she was like "you are so vain" and I just thought to myself "no I'm not, I just want to look normal..."

cheer up. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation Lexy. Well I guess you should listen to your boyfriend on at least one part.. if he's important to you then you should spend more time with him, face all peeling and stuff. But just don't go to "social" events where other people you know are going to be there.

Sounds like he's more concerned about having his girlfriend (you) around. Maybe he feels lonely and hurt. If you don't care much about him much, don't really love him, and think that taking care of your face is more important, then it's probably better if you dump him instead of torturing him. No one likes a neglectful boyfriend/girlfriend.

I'm not trying to say that you're the bad person here, but try to think about how your situation affects the people around you. I once had a boyfriend who only went out with me every two or three weeks cuz he had work and school and was living with parents. It was a miserable relationship. I dumped him three times, and all three times he begged me to take him back. I told him that I couldn't stand his behavior anymore and that I needed a boyfriend who could spend time with me almost every day. He couldn't give me that, he neglected me constantly, but still wanted me as a girlfriend. After I dumped him the third time, he wouldn't leave me alone like I asked him to.. It was a completely frustrating relationship!!

So I'm saying that if you can't give him the time he wants to spend with you, then you should dump him before he really gets pissed off and starts hating you. I don't think he cares about your peeling face, probably thinks of it as a temporary thing. He probably just wants you to be around so he doesn't feel lonely. If you can't give him that, then dump him before hell blows over.. or maybe it already did when he called your dad.. :eh: But to avoid him ever doing something like this again, you gotta either spend more time with him or dump him.

Just my advice. Take it or leave it. :confused:

Lexy, you need to tell you're bf that you don't care if he has scars but you want to improve yours. It sounds like your bf wants you to stop doing peels. Talk to him and complimise something out or you need to decide which is more important, your face or your bf. If it was me, I would go for my face because I want to feel good about myself before Im in a serious relationship. But since your already in a relationship and your bf knows about your situation, work something out. This is why I don't like to do Peel or Cross because I feel so bad being @ home and not able to go anywhere. I feel different around my family when I do peels and I would never let my friends see me looking aweful. You are extremely brave, I admire you for that. I hope everything works out for you and relax now and spent time with him.

Lexy - I can totally relate to what your going through with your bf. Mine is the same way. I think they just get upset b/c they don't understand why we want to put ourselves through these things. I know my bf thinks I'm crazy and doesn't understand how I feel. I tell him that my skin bothers me and he laughs at me and says I'm just being ridiculous and that it is not noticeable. I just want him to understand. If he knew I was doing anything to help my situation he would freak out and probably dump me. I just don't understand why he couldn't be more sympathetic. Im not trying to be vain; i'm just frustrated and want to improve matters and boost my self-esteem, which I once had a year ago! That's all I want...is that too much to ask? :doh:

Update: My face is covered in big ugly scabs, some are bloody red, some are black, and the ones that have fallen off, the scars look noticeably better. Some small scars I can't even see anymore. I am kind of excited, but don't want to get my hopes too high. In harsh lighting, my skin still looks terribly uneven.

On a side note, I had another REALLY embarassing moment yesterday. My friend came over unexpectedly to pick up some stuff. I don't mind her seeing me like this i guess (she is like a mom to me), so I answered the door, but she had someone w/ her. :shock: :redface: I freaked out. So peeking halfway out of the door, I was like "um... I just got out of the shower" (I really did) but they were like, "that's o.k., aren't you going to invite us in." So I whispered to my friend and told her I broke out really bad and didn't want her friend to see me. It was really an awkward moment, and she didn't seem to understand. So they took the things, then they left. I really hate that it happened, it was so rude of me. i wish I could've handled it better but I freaked out and didn't know what to do. :doh: Too bad I didn't have some green cream to slather on my face and say I was doing a facial. Dammit! Why can't I think that quick on my feet.

lol :lol2: sounds like something I'd do!!!!! seriously!! anyway, don't worry too much about it..explain to your friend later on and i'm sure she'll understand and relay the msg to the other person. :)

I'm really glad to hear that your scars are looking better!!! I'm SURE it'll work out great. I really believe that TCA CROSS is the way to go. I can't wait till I get mine (hopefully soon). But it'll be a looooong road for me, coz I don't think I"ll be crossing my whole face at one time...I'm too self-conscious, going to classes, just ppl seing me like that in general...you know. but anyway, will let you know how it goes!

Update: My face is covered in big ugly scabs, some are bloody red, some are black, and the ones that have fallen off, the scars look noticeably better. Some small scars I can't even see anymore. I am kind of excited, but don't want to get my hopes too high. In harsh lighting, my skin still looks terribly uneven.

On a side note, I had another REALLY embarassing moment yesterday. My friend came over unexpectedly to pick up some stuff. I don't mind her seeing me like this i guess (she is like a mom to me), so I answered the door, but she had someone w/ her. :shock: :redface: I freaked out. So peeking halfway out of the door, I was like "um... I just got out of the shower" (I really did) but they were like, "that's o.k., aren't you going to invite us in." So I whispered to my friend and told her I broke out really bad and didn't want her friend to see me. It was really an awkward moment, and she didn't seem to understand. So they took the things, then they left. I really hate that it happened, it was so rude of me. i wish I could've handled it better but I freaked out and didn't know what to do. :doh: Too bad I didn't have some green cream to slather on my face and say I was doing a facial. Dammit! Why can't I think that quick on my feet.

wow...your skin really is tough and heals fast. My skin is super sensitive to anything. Even bp gave me a red mark scar between my eyes. Couldn't hardly believe it ....

anyway, I'm glad nothing bad happened and the procedure is paying off for you

Hey Lexy!!!

It's looking better. Ithink once everything is said and done, you could try a full face TCA 12% peel to refinish everything. I think Reilly did it after her TCA CROSS. Good Luck :D

Lexy, I saw your new image and your skin looks much smoother than your initial pictures. It's hard to believe your progressed so much w/o any really invasive treatments. Are you still using supercop? How do you think it works on scarred pores?

Lexy, I saw your new image and your skin looks much smoother than your initial pictures. It's hard to believe your progressed so much w/o any really invasive treatments. Are you still using supercop? How do you think it works on scarred pores?

I use supercop religiously. I really feel that it has helped me heal quicker than before I was using it. I see my skin in different light angles and I can tell it's a lot smoother than back when I first started to notice my scarring, still messed up, but improved. It's really hard to capture the improvement w/ my crappy webcam.

So far, the TCA has worked best on my scarred pores.

[Oh Lexy,

I feel like I know you after everything I read. Go for it girl! Very brave. You are my inspiration. I think I am gonna get TCA now. Your skin improved so much!

I know! See we probably need something to worry about! See I had acne long time ago! Then it sort of cleared up (not completely I still get odd one of two, but I live with it) ,scars stayed ...not too bad, think I could live with them (I already did for 15-20 years so why couldn't I just go on?). So then 2 months ago I burnt my hand,very nasty burn,painful and not very pleasant on eye!!! Doctors said: it is as it is, not too much they can do about it! Too early to treat the scar! Then all of sudden as I cannot do anything about my hand, (which bothers me alot) I started obsessing about my face, scars, complexion etc!!! Not to mention that I keep looking at my other hand and thinking : HOW GREAT HANDS I HAD!!!! It is very difficult and frustrating but that's life!!! Maybe at the end of the day we need to obsess about something! If it is not the scar then it is bum, weight, body... But at the end of the day we have to live with what we have and try to make the best out of it!!!!

Your skin looks so much better! It willl keep improving, just .... a tiny bit of patience is what you need!!!! Things do not happen over night! You went long way and if you give it some time I'm sure you'll be fine!

Just keep positive! :dance:

As I told you, you had inspired so many people here! That wasn't for nothing!!!!!

Anyway after I have read what you had done and what improvment you had made I ordered CP Serum,glycolic acid and TCA for cross!!!!!!!!! Can't waqit to get them! :pray: (The sooner the better)

Take care girl and best wishes!!!!! :razz:

i added another photo. I'm getting progressively happier w/ the results, day by day. The webcam doesn't capture well enough how my skin really looks unfortunately. Iwish I had a digital cam. I wonder how long this will last.

i added another photo. I'm getting progressively happier w/ the results, day by day. The webcam doesn't capture well enough how my skin really looks unfortunately. Iwish I had a digital cam. I wonder how long this will last.

Lexy, it does look quite good. Your skin looks quite smooth, it doesn't have that "scarred" look at all. I know you tried alot of stuff but which one do you consider had the most effect? Is it the supercop?? I'm sooo tempted to try it looking at your improvements.

Lexy, it does look quite good. Your skin looks quite smooth, it doesn't have that "scarred" look at all. I know you tried alot of stuff but which one do you consider had the most effect? Is it the supercop?? I'm sooo tempted to try it looking at your improvements.

I think doing spot treatments on my scars w/ different acids has definitely been the most helpful. I would notice my scars improving little by little. The Jessner's had a tiny softening effect on my scars too. But by far, the TCA Cross has been the most dramatic, after only 1 treatment. Some of my most shallow scars, I can't even see them anymore. I hate to jump the gun, because I don't know whta the long term results will be. But for now, I'm pleased. As for the supercop, I believe it has helped w/ my skin healing properly after each treatment and peel I've done.

Some good news about my tca cross: it just keeps getting better as days pass :D:dance:

I can't believe this, I haven't felt this good in a long time looking at myself in the mirror. Even that one scar that looked worse for a couple of days is starting to become more level to the surrounding skin, but there is still a noticeable ring around the scar. Most other scars have improved incredibly. I can't even see some of them anymore!!! Believe me, it's not perfect by far, but so much better than before. I wish I would've tried this before I opted for smoothbeam!!! Oh please let this last :pray: I've been excited before about scars closing up, and then they re-opened, I hope this doesn't happen this time. But so far so good. ;) I can't wait to do more in the coming months.

Some good news about my tca cross: it just keeps getting better as days pass :D :dance:

I can't believe this, I haven't felt this good in a long time looking at myself in the mirror. Even that one scar that looked worse for a couple of days is starting to become more level to the surrounding skin, but there is still a noticeable ring around the scar. Most other scars have improved incredibly. I can't even see some of them anymore!!! Believe me, it's not perfect by far, but so much better than before. I wish I would've tried this before I opted for smoothbeam!!! Oh please let this last :pray: I've been excited before about scars closing up, and then they re-opened, I hope this doesn't happen this time. But so far so good. ;) I can't wait to do more in the coming months.

Hi Lexy!!

This is great, I am so happy for you! I checked out your recent pics and you are looking so good! :-)

I am thinking of doing TCA one day, but I think I will try needling and more SA/Jessner's peels before that.

I have been taking a break from peels (about 6 weeks) and CPs (about 2 weeks), and I think my skin has benefitted from the break but I'm not sure. In general, I belive the CPs have improved my skin a lot.

I was wondering, do you think some of what you are experiencing could be positive benefits of the Smoothbeam in combination with your home treatments? I read that it could take 6 months or more to see the collagen building from Smoothbeam...just wondering.

Anyway, congrats again!!

Some good news about my tca cross: it just keeps getting better as days pass :D :dance:

Hey Lexy! That is great news!! I am so happy for you ;-) Keep us posted on your progress...your pics look good! Maybe I could try the TCA on the few deeper scars I have. I'm so happy for you and I'll keep praying for the best!

This could be a bad sign but the post # is 666. Just kidding :). That is really great news. I responded to one of your pix (one of the new ones) and thought that the skin looked majorly more level when compared with your first pix. Great news and I hope those scars stay level when they are totally healed.