Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

what do you guys think about aloe vera gel?

[sorry, i know it's the wrong place to post this, but there're more pple here. and i need to know immediately biggrin.gif ]

ok, i'm going to l.a. this summer. so i'm worried about my skin being dehydrated and getting sunburnt. i heard that aloe vera is supposed to be good at replenishing moisture and repairing damaged skin (esp. after staying under the sun). now, i'm ok with putting it on my body. but i'm worried about putting it on my face. would it clog pores and cause breakouts? i don't have the guts to try since i'll be meeting relatives in less than a week and wouldn't wanna show up with a crappy face full of zits. lol.gif

this is the one i bought. jason 98% aloe vera gel. i checked the ingredients on paula's website. everything is alright. so i'm only concerned right now about aloe vera.

user posted image

thanks a bunch guys~~~

Guest Shjaker

Would it clog pores and cause breakouts..

Does it say anything about non-comedogenic on it?

well i used the Fruit of the Earth kind and although i found that it helped calm down my zit and shrink it a bit, i also found that it broke me out around the area i applied it on. It was a never ending cycle cause i just put some on the new zits and you know, it never stopped. And plus since my zits are always so sensitive, it was a BITCH to take the stuff off. I only irritated the acne more.

So, i quit the Vera and am letting them heal all on their own. Im sorry i dont know anything about the Jason kind...hope i helped a bit.

well i used the Fruit of the Earth kind and although i found that it helped calm down my zit and shrink it a bit, i also found that it broke me out around the area i applied it on. It was a never ending cycle cause i just put some on the new zits and you know, it never stopped. And plus since my zits are always so sensitive, it was a BITCH to take the stuff off. I only irritated the acne more.

So, i quit the Vera and am letting them heal all on their own. Im sorry i dont know anything about the Jason kind...hope i helped a bit.

Guest Shjaker

I just went and checked on some old moisturizer I used for 4-5 days tops, and it is aloe vera. It didn't really do anything for me.. if anything it made my skin like a basketball : S

The skin on my face anyway.

owow, that sounds scary.... confused.gif

yea, i also heard stories of pple breaking out from aloe vera. maybe i should just use it on body, not face.

I just went and checked on some old moisturizer I used for 4-5 days tops, and it is aloe vera. It didn't really do anything for me.. if anything it made my skin like a basketball : S

The skin on my face anyway.

yea, i think it would be best to keep it off your face.

You see, i only wish i got some kind of warning before i put it on my face. Im not saying putting the Aloe on my face was the WHOLE reason for my recent breakout but i am currently paying BADLY with a huge cyst breakout. I was told that it WOULDNT cause any problems but boy where they wrong. I've got 3 weeks to recover or i may die...

Guest Shjaker

LOL No not swell-up-basketball, but I mean the texture was like a basketball! It didn't make my skin soft or anything. Quite honestly, it was just bland and kinda scrappy/rough : S

That's just my experience with it though

BP, on the other hand, made me swell up at random! It was so queer. : P I'd randomly throughout the weeks/months I was using it get a swelled up bump on my forehead or multiple swells around my cheeks.

LOL No not swell-up-basketball, but I mean the texture was like a basketball! It didn't make my skin soft or anything. Quite honestly, it was just bland and kinda scrappy/rough : S

That's just my experience with it though

BP, on the other hand, made me swell up at random! It was so queer. : P I'd randomly throughout the weeks/months I was using it get a swelled up bump on my forehead or multiple swells around my cheeks.

Guest Shjaker

Are you going to try it or pass?

Guest Shjaker

I don't know if this would be the right moisturizer for what you want.. but I've been looking for the Eucerin with Alpha Hydroxy. : ( I don't think we have it in Canada or else I just can't find it...

I don't know if this would be the right moisturizer for what you want.. but I've been looking for the Eucerin with Alpha Hydroxy. : ( I don't think we have it in Canada or else I just can't find it...

jason makes good products, i use their shampoos and love em.

tell me where you bought that aloe vera gel? ive been looking for it but with no luck.

jason makes good products, i use their shampoos and love em. 

tell me where you bought that aloe vera gel? ive been looking for it but with no luck.

ok, update time:

right. i had threading done on my eyebrows 2 days ago. and for some reason, it's become somewhat irritated, it's red with little dots (pimples? i don't know). i put tea tree oil on it for 2 straight nights, and the redness is still there. so i decided this morning to put a lil aloe on it and test how my face would react to it. well, it has been 2 hours so far. skin has remained pretty much the same. lol.gif

also, put aloe on body last night after shower. feels very nice. 100% recommend!!