Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
user

'Fade Out' cream, anyone tried it?

I have been using 'Fade Out' cream for freckles / sun spots as the doctor recommended it for my acne scarring (red marks). It is over-the-counter around £5 (UK). Anyone tried it?

I have been using it 1.5months, they say 10weeks to notice improvement. I have already noticed some....

I tried some scar removal cream

works for scars, but not acne scars and certaintly not old ones

it was prescription it cost 18 bucks

didnt help i bought like three bottles used for 6 months.

Never heard of it but if this Vitamin K cream doesn't work I would certainly be interested in getting some. What's the exact name and brand, and where do you get it from? Thanks!

I read on the voy forum that it does help with red marks - takes around 8-10 weeks to see results.

user, i have tried the fade out cream you are talking about. it didn't really work for me but maybe it would have if i'd given it a bit longer. i also tried vita k, works very well for me. you can get it from a UK site.

i tried this a few months ago but i only put it on at nite for like a month, so no improvement seen. then my doc gave me retin a which is working well.

but since i only used the fade out cream for a month once a day, i thnk it mite work for others but i didnt really give it a chance so....

also i didnt really think it wud work that well coz its for marks such as sun spots and freckles which r made of melanin, so its supposd to fade out the melanin, so i didnt think it wud help with red marks too well...... :-k

In the UK you can just get it over the counter in a chemist.

A US site has it as 'Fade Out Original Skin Lightening Cream'

http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page55.html

Someone mentioned Vita K , theres a thread on this board about it and no one seems very impressed. I stick this 'fade out' stuff out for a while, it has a sun screen in it so its OK for day time anyways, as I use isotrex (retin-a) gel at night, have been for 10months or so.

I am starting to think that none of these creams work..they tell you to put on and you will see improvement in months, but it will heal in that time anyway without the cream!!

yes I agree.

I trust this cream a little more cos it actually doesn't claim to help with scars, hehe. + its not too expensive.

It has a sun screen and doesn't make my skin oily so I'll use it throughout the summer even if it doesn't work :D

I am now doing the taping stuff people have been talking about and vinegar. So we'll never know if 'fade out' helps me cos it could be that now, hehe.

I think the fact us sufferers try so many new things all the time works in the companies favour as they know we can't really tell if their product works or not.