Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coli25

permanent acne? :(

Alright guys n gals I've been on the regimen for about a month and my bad acne and white heads are alot better. But when I started I just figured the regimen would help get rid of it all assuming they were all just pimples well for the last 2 years I'v had acne on my cheeks that never goes away the redness worsenns and dies down a little if I keep on the regimen but my cheeks are always red and 'pimply' I don't think they are scars because occasionaly white heads will form on the redness then heal but the redness still remains and if i feel my cheeks I can feel irritation as if its acne. I swear the acne of my nose and chin and forehead can be controlled (thx to the regimen) but my damn cheeks have what seems to be PERMANENT acne. What can I do to get rid of these patches of red acne on each of my cheeks my derm just perscribes med's which don't work which is why I'm on the regimen. I want my cheeks to clear up badly. :D

Hey, I'm in the same boat you are. Acne isn't much of a problem, except on my cheeks, and it does appear permanent.

If I find something that helps, I'll let you know. :D

i think you're talking about red marks. they are just red marks left over from previous spots. they will fade in time. the tape method seems to help, and although i have yet to start the lemon/vinegar method i believe that it will be very benefical. maybe you should try. go to the scar section and you'll find the threads. hopefully it'll help ya.

The thing about redmarks is that they fade differently for different people. I've had mine for 6 months with no fading that I knew of before I started vinegar method (on Scar board). 2 years makes sense to me. They take quite a while to fade, unfortunately.

Rive

Are you sure you don't have acne roseacea? It looks red & pimply, abd the redness never goes away. Bcs lower face & T-zone breakouts are sometimes hormonal {which if you didn't adjust, would just stay the same}. My derm prescribes Plexion to me which is used to treat Acne vulgaris & acne rosesea. Check it out. G.I Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle."