Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

A couple questions for you guys

I am considering a site redesign to get this web site into the 21st century. Before I make plans I wanted to get your input. Here goes:

1. What do you like/dislike about about the acne.org site?

2. What do you think I could add to improve the quality of the site? What would make this site better? What's missing?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, I'll give this some thought and come back. I just wanted to say if you need any help with the actual work (coding and what not) i can lend a hand. Only if you need it of course :D

Adam

Thanks Adam,

Yeah, I might be able to use the help. If you're serious, please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

No one else has suggestions for me? Is acne.org perfect as is? :D

-Dan

Hi Dan,

maybe add more phpbb theme styles available?

only the default one "subsylver" is available now

I'm referring more to the actual site rather than the message boards. But I'm open to message board suggestions too. Thanks.

-Dan

I'm referring more to the actual site rather than the message boards.  But I'm open to message board suggestions too.  Thanks.

-Dan

Well I'm not too sure on the speficic stuff but you should definately redo the way it looks and make it look a bit more professional. The site itself is great, it's got plenty of information and background. But the look makes people feel doubtful about the regimen. Alot of the times when I visit a website and it looks all nice and professional-made I have this assurance that it's legit, and when I visit a simply-design site I have doubts on it's authenticity of the material that it's providing. Like when I do history-reports, it's always more comforting to get information off a website that looks really nice and that makes it seem more legit. The fact that the regimen really works, and works great is good. But you need to make it look more... GLORIOUS! Because I'm sure there were many people who passed up this great regimen simply because they thought it was BS.

Yeah...what the guy above me said. I reckon the content is good and your writing style is on the mark in that it is straightforward, clear, honest and not icky promotional or flowery. An appropriate style makeover and some improved navigation particularly to content 2-3 clicks down would really ramp things up.

* I think space on the front page is it a bit wasted. You could move your headings into a navigation bar top or left. And put some more dynamic content on it...even if it was a new testimonial each day (bit cheesy :D ) Or instead maybe some new more integrated graphics

* Redmarks- would be good if this was covered as it such a hot topic. Did u get all that info I pmed you on this?

* Hormonal connection...particularly for women - u know just the standard blah about androgens etc.

* Diet and Supplementation - (...bit of a grey area ...but maybe you could cover supplements zinc etc that have a proven positive effect on skin )

PS: if you are doing a book and product as well my advice is that they should work as and look like a suite...as presummably they will all leverage off each other. Plus it is less work and less expensive to carry some core style elements across everything. May not be relevent - but just something to think about.

I can get really finnickity on styling, formatting, colour palette, font size, layout if this will be helpful - but I wouldn't volunteer this on anyone! As I mentioned previously I was a branding style nazi in a previous life....hmmmm *rubbing hands together*... now I have moved on to clothes.

Yeah guy, what a great website you did ! Although I don't perform your regimen exactly, it was the better start for me to jump into the better result about acne I'd ever known.

But that's right, I have used another data. Some informations could be added in your website :

- More informations about the skin, because that knowledge is very precious to increase results. You could for example include informations about its biorhythm ( skin regenerate twice more at night than it does at day, supply of blood is more important), what could cause redness, How a healthy skin looks like etc. It dramaticaly helps people to understand how to fit the regimen to there case.

- Other successful regimen should be presented. I personaly have experienced wonderful results with Erythormicyn/PB. That's less irritating than exclusive BP regimen, but your acne must be lighter.

- A goods section, where we (the users) could add, criticize and vote for the best product for a pupose.

Excuse my english, I'm French :D