Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay this is really crazy... i'm not sure why but my face was really burnt when i washed the bp off in the morning, it was like i had some crazy sun burn...

hmmm this has happened b4.. but could this be because i have given my skin enough time to recover? too many products???

has anyone else experienced this??

I hope it isnt because i am allergic to bp because other times i use it im fine but i used quite alot last night and its BP 5%

anyone know why this happens? ... right now im sitting in a room with sudocrem on my face and i hope my face heals... :-S

Okay this is really crazy... i'm not sure why but my face was really burnt when i washed the bp off in the morning, it was like i had some crazy sun burn...

hmmm this has happened b4.. but could this be because i have given my skin enough time to recover? too many products???

has anyone else experienced this??

I hope it isnt because i am allergic to bp because other times i use it im fine but i used quite alot last night and its BP 5%

anyone know why this happens? ... right now im sitting in a room with sudocrem on my face and i hope my face heals... :-S

happened to me with 2.5 and im sitting with sudocrem too... my fucking gp better refer me to a dermatologist who better give me accutane to stop all of this shit

BP dries out the skin, so putting too much on can cause a chemical burn. Start out by not using much, and I would only use it a few times a week if I were you. Over use will cause extreme dryness and possibly wrinkles.

Moved to the Over-The-Counter Acne Medications board. The Logs boards are for tracking your progress with a particular treatment, not for asking one-time questions. ; )

Try switching to other brands. I've tried several different brands until I found one that doesn't burn my face bad.

Guest Timehealsall
BP dries out the skin, so putting too much on can cause a chemical burn. Start out by not using much, and I would only use it a few times a week if I were you. Over use will cause extreme dryness and possibly wrinkles.

are the wrinkles permanent or temporary

For me personally, I think BP made my 'laugh lines' more prominent, they went away after stopping use. Although, other people have reported cases of permanent wrinkles from excessive BP use over long periods of time.

i have burnt myself on bp and sulfur products many times by using too much of them. when that happens now i get my olay regenerist deep hydration lotion and put that on 3 times a day and then the redness is usually gone the next day. you just have to make sure to get all the dry skin off first before you apply the lotion. i ran out of my olay and tried using cerave on my skin and it did nothing for the redness. the olay deep hydration is the only thing that works for me.

i use benzaclin everyday and used to put it all over my face. i noticed it did make my forehead and laugh lines worse. i dont apply it on my laugh lines or forehead anymore (thank goodness i dont break out on my forehead too much) and the lines are barely noticeable now. i dont know if its because it dries out the area too much or not but i was glad this wasnt a permanent thing.

Edited by Karen Howz