Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bugmenot

Different brand

Had excellent results so far with Acnegel 5% BP (alcohol gel) but I ran out and for my new prescription I've been given a tube twice the size (good!) but it's called Acnecide and is by a different brand. It's still 5% but it's acqueous gel and feels runnier, has little scratchy particles in it like a facial scrub, takes forever to dry and leaves my skin with more of a white coating than Acnegel did!

Has anyone else used it? I'm concerned the little particles will make me break out again as exfoliating cleansers always have done since my skin has been bad!

Scared as I don't want my acne to go back like it was! cry.gif

Those little particles you feel are actually benzoyl peroxide particles. I've noticed in some brands, particularly cheaper brands, the BP particles are larger and not micronized and you can actually feel them when you rub the BP into your skin.

There are so many brands of BP out there, I think it's ok to feel free and experiment. Textures are different and delivery systems are all different.

For a long while I was using a 10% BP,because my skin is so oily, but now I'm back to Dan's 2.5% BP because it works just as well in keeping me clear and is so gentle.