Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Annaa

Dry skin and a lot of pimples on forhead

There seems to be a couple of different kinds of acne out there. One kind, the one I have, seems to be unusual but I have read about other people having it.

The skin in my face is very dry almost flaky. Then my forhead is covered with small, skin-colored pimpels. I also have blackheads on my nose and chin.

I know that there are face-maps and stuff that points out where in the body you have a problem depending on where in the face the acne is placed. That hasn´t helped me much. I would like to know if anyone has done something that got read of this kind of acne. Because I think if one person found a solution to this it might work for others with the same type! Anyone?!

Regards Anna

Them skin colored bumps can be a pain. I got them after I tried treating my redmarks with aloe vera. I cured my by exfoliating with AHA. I use a 20% AHA lotion called mama lotion, and all of my bumps are gone now. I reccomend AHA for treating those kind of pimples, the cheapest and most effective AHA lotions seems to be walgreen's brand AHA creme, and alpha hydrox enhanced lotion. I hope that helps you.

I also have those tiny bumps all over my forehead...and it may be due to aloe vera too (I was using Jason Natural Cosmetics 98% Aloe Vera, which didn't seemed like it did much so i stopped using it) I have black heads on my nose, and pimples on my chin. My cheeks and most of my face is dry to the point is see a bit of flakes when i look carefully in the mirror.

I really do believe that those tiny bumps are due to not enough exfoliation. I'm currently exfoliating with St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub b/c its the only thing I have lying around right now. For me, I noticed that the bumps drastically disappeared overnight (not 100% tho..., but signficant to the point my bf asked what have i been doing to my skin it looks so much better).

Thanks for you´re advices!

I just think that something must be wrong inside the body to make our skin look like this in the first place. My bumps just started coming over a couple of days about two years ago and since then they´ve always been there.

Anyway I´m definetely not gonna youse aloe vera in my face. I have a bottle but I haven´t used it very much and I´m not gonna start after what you two both wrote!!

Anna

Beanbean and Erpatter, both of you seams to have gotten rid of the forehead-pimples by exfoliating. AHA is exfoliating the skin isn´t it?

Did you do it every day? And did you use something so the skin doesn´t dry out?

Anna

Internal hormonal and oil gland receptor variables aside, someone basically has acne because of excess sebum production (oily skin), which potentially blocks pores, AND/OR hyperkeratinization, which means excess and uneven shedding of skin cells within the pore.

This explains why people can have oily skin and no acne, while other people can have dry skin and lots of acne. If your keratinization is normalized, then no matter how oily or dry your skin, you will NOT have acne.

This is why normalizing keratinization is probably the most effective thing you can do to treat acne; it is ALSO, unfortunately, probably the hardest. Accutane not only almost completely minimizes sebum production but ALSO actually alters the skin's keratinization process so that skin cells shed off the inner walls of pores do not clump up and block pores-- it effectively normalizes keratinization.

If you have acne on skin that is dry, this means that your problem is keratinization. Normal skin sheds the dead dermal cells off of the intrafollicular (pore) walls at a rate of approximaely every 28 days; in acne sufferers (for whom hyperkeratinization is almost always to some degree a factor), the rate tends to be closer to around every 3 days. This means that if you don't regularly exfoliate you're going to have blocked pores = acne.

You should exfoliate daily, ideally with salicylic acid or glycolic acid. You would really benefit from the baking soda and ACV component of the cleansing regimen in my program linked below. smile.gif Whatever you do, always moisturize after cleansing in order to help the dryness.

Dry skin that is tight and feels dry is a sign that your body is not producing enough oil and that you need moisturizer. However, flakiness is usually a sign that you are dehydrated. If your skin is flaking then increase you water intake (just drink plain water) and decrease anything that would act as a diuretic (ie - caffiene and alcohol). In trying to get rid of the flakiness don't use harsh scrubs like the Apricot scrub. The walnut pieces actually leave tiny scrapes in your skin which allow more bacteria in. Instead try a microbead scrub (dermologica has good products) and don't scrub every day.