Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, so I've decided to start my own log. I've been on Accutane for 25 days now and have noticed all the symptoms that most of you have mentioned:

-Dry eyes

-Dry skin

-Peeling areas around pimples

-Flakiness

-Joint pain

-Excessively chapped lips

I have also noticed that when I don't touch my face, my acne does very well. However, as with all things, I can't bring myself not to pick. It really is an addiction.

I've resorted the past few days to squeeze something else instead of my face. I have a yellow highlighter in front of me that I play with and it seems to be helping.

I find that recently I've been becoming increasingly self-conscious over this flakiness, I think it may be even more noticeable than the acne itself. Speaking of which, I should probably describe my situation.

I have had acne since I was about 12 years old and it has progressively worsened since then, although it has let up slightly in the past year. I just finished my first year of university, and am currently working at Purolator Head Office in Mississauga, ON as a financial analyst. I'm 18 years old (will be 19 in August).

I have tried many things to treat my acne. This ranged from Proactiv solution back when I was much younger, to Minicyclin, to Minicin, to Cetaphil and now Accutane. I've used tea tee oil, spectro gel, effaclar, soap, and many other topicals.

I came to the decision to start Accutane with my mom about a month ago, she suggested I go on it, and I have since. I am very impressed with her as this is not an inexpensive drug ($1500 for a course).

To answer some budding questions:

-I'm a guy.

-I did lifeguarding a few years back.

-I'm a black belt.

-I have my pilots license.

-I enjoy doing things.

-I have not had any sort of depression while on Accutane or off of it.

-I do not believe that my acne causes people to dislike me, that is merely my perception. I tend to believe that people are just faking their friendships with me out of pity. This is incorrect, yet I cannot completely believe it.

-I believe that my acne affects my relationships with girls, as I am clearly not as good looking with it as without.

I hope to hear back from some people, and I will be updating this daily (I hope).

Enjoy, and good luck.

Also, I was wondering what body type most people here are.

-I'm 5'8"

-145lbs

-Muscular build

I have also noticed that when I don't touch my face, my acne does very well. However, as with all things, I can't bring myself not to pick. It really is an addiction.

I've resorted the past few days to squeeze something else instead of my face. I have a yellow highlighter in front of me that I play with and it seems to be helping.

I think its funny that you care about the way people here are "built". Since I could totally be lying about the above (but I'm not, because I'm nice biggrin.gif )

Okay, now let's post another day.

Today my face is actually very clear, the best it has been in years. My eyes were really red and dry this morning, but I put some drops in and they're fine now.

I don't know if anyone else gets this, but sometimes as opposed to the big flakes, I get just this white area on my face. I think it's just really small flakes. I have to use some moisturizer to get that to go away, as it tends to get annoying.

Yeah I totally know how addicting it is. I could seriously spend hours unclogging my pores in front of the bathroom mirror. But I am trying not to do it on tane. Everytime I get the urge to pick I eat a black jellybean (I hate black jellybeans) So lately I haven't been looking at my face as much because if I do I will want to pick at it.

To answer some budding questions:

-I'm a guy.

-I did lifeguarding a few years back.

-I'm a black belt.

-I have my pilots license.

-I enjoy doing things.

-I have not had any sort of depression while on Accutane or off of it.

-I do not believe that my acne causes people to dislike me, that is merely my perception. I tend to believe that people are just faking their friendships with me out of pity. This is incorrect, yet I cannot completely believe it.

-I believe that my acne affects my relationships with girls, as I am clearly not as good looking with it as without.

Thank you for the nice words Kara.

In response to your hypothesis about the depression. I believe along the same lines. I think that the Accutane accentuates any state of depression that you're currently in, or that you're in when you start the treatment. I've found that while on Accutane I've actually been feeling more optimistic and open-minded. Any shred of depression that I may have had is most definately no longer there.

To sum up today:

-I broke down and picked a few. I feel bad now.

-I'm running out of pills and can't get more from the Derm until the 17th of June

-My face was really white today, but it went away by lunchtime

-I'm going out for lunch twice this week! (I'm so happy; my bosses love me mwahah)

-My friend finally took an interest and called me, so her and I are going to go to Niagara Falls tommorow night for dinner.

All in all, a good day. Well.. except for the fact that I have an economics assignment coming up and the exam is next Saturday morning.

Thank you for the nice words Kara.

-My friend finally took an interest and called me, so her and I are going to go to Niagara Falls tommorow night for dinner.

Alright, so I haven't had pills for a week now and my face was actually the clearest it's been on Sunday. I was pretty impressed. My lips are no longer dry at all, my face no longer flakes... I'm going to see the dermatologist next week to get more accutane. I just wish the doctors weren't so busy here in Canada so that you could actually get in once a month instead of every 7 weeks.

Oh well.. In other news, I just poped two pimples this morning. I know it's bad, but they were those ones that you just sorta touch and they explode. Oh well, I'm stupid, and they were bleeding earlier, although I think it's stopped by now.

I'm still at work, which is going well although slightly boring recently. I have to give a presentation tommorow to the financial directors of the company about a project I have been working on. I think this is a really good experience as a summer job. I'm definately impressed by the trust that they put in me here. Will be a good thing when I apply to grad school in a few years.

I hope by my 19th birthday (when I can go to clubs) that my acne will be cleared up. That gives me 3 months to get this stuff clean. Let's hope she works.

I bought DDR (dance dance revolution) the other day. I love that game, it's so sweet. The only game that I've found that you are actually active while playing. Some of those songs are nuts though.. If you know anything about the game, I'm just barely able to do 3 footers. I've tried a 4 footer and can get a B on it, but anything higher then that I'm in the D's/E's.

I'm using DDR Ultramix 2 for XBox. If anyone else plays, lemme know and you can gimme some tips smile.gif.

Hopefully I will have time to post relatively soon, but I'm super busy with work and my distance studies. I have an exam on Saturday morning, so I have to drive up to my school and stay at my friends' place. I miss the town, I can't wait till school starts in September. I'm ready for round 2.

Gime some comments boys and girls, I'd love to hear from you.

Take care,

DaVuLf ninja.gif

I bought DDR (dance dance revolution) the other day. I love that game, it's so sweet. The only game that I've found that you are actually active while playing. Some of those songs are nuts though.. If you know anything about the game, I'm just barely able to do 3 footers. I've tried a 4 footer and can get a B on it, but anything higher then that I'm in the D's/E's.

Thats sweet that you're a fan of DDR as well. It's a sweet game. I can do 4 footers now pretty consistently, but I get messed up on eigth notes, gallops, and sequences where it will go 'up, down, up, down, left, right, left+right' like where they have jumps in the sequence, so you could go 'left, right, left, right, left+right' where they're all eigth notes, so it's fast, and I can't differentiate.

In acne news, my face is amazing today. I shaved last night and it's now pretty clear. I haven't been getting any new pimples on my face, although I am getting some on my chest.

So far this stuff is working out, and I get some more next week, so it should be fun. smile.gif

Okay, my face took a big shit this week. I was pretty dissapointed in it to say the least. I'm gonna go get bloodwork tommorow, so I can finally get some more pills (Friday) which will bring me to nearly 3 weeks without Accutane.

On the bright side, I'm having a fun time at work, my boss is completely obcessed with me. Definately makes my day. It's always good to have the boss in your court, y'know. I'm not sure how he'll take the news of me leaving the end of July (I still have things to do before school starts) but I hope it goes well.

If I have time I'll post soon. Laters.

Im 6ft1 and 91 kilos NOT Sure what that is in pounds, and ive been bodybuilding for 1.5 years smile.gif

Well, a kil is 2.2lbs. So that would make you about 200lbs. I'm about 68 kilos and 5'8". I did boxing for a few years and am pretty build, but just slightly shorter than most guys wink.gif.

yeah, acne sucks........just when you think its going away for good, it comes back again and you start breaking out. Hopefully when you get back on the pills you will clear up again. I am hoping I get my pills today, because I am afraid of going too long without them!

Yeah, I love canada too........great place to legally drink at 19!!!! I went there a few times because my college was really close.......can't wait to go again next year!!!

Yes, god bless Canada. smile.gif

I'm going for bloodwork tommorow (didn't get to it today...) so hopefully by next monday I'll be back on the stuff.

Thanks for the words Cindy wink.gif.

So finally I got more pills. I'm pretty impressed. The derm doubled my dosage (so now I'm at 80mg on even days and 40mg on odd days) and hopefully it starts to work again. Because I stopped for a few weeks in the process, I'm back at the flaking stage, although it isn't nearly as bad as when I first started. I hope this goes away and the acne starts regressing again, but only time will tell. I just hope my goddamn body hasn't developed an immunity to this stuff. I'll be pissed.

Not too much other news to report besides that, still single as always, haven't really had the time to hang out with any of the girls I know now, and even less to meet new ones (god, when was the last time that happened?). I've been effectively single for 19 years now, although I did have a brief relationship with a girl about 2 years ago.

I suppose that's how things are.

Comments are welcome as always.

Glad to hear you are are back on your meds.....I don't think you can get immune to tane....but I have noticed that the more your dose gets increased, the more side effects you get, which could be why you are flaking again. I swear, that is the worst part, because it just keeps flaking and flaking, for days on end. But it's better than a face full of ugly zits! Here's to clear skin!!!! (which will hopefully be someday soon???)

Yea, hopefully clear skin soon.

Actually, being on the double dosage seems to be working. I'm already back to the point I was at at the end of the first month. Pretty much completely clear. I'm definately impressed. Not flaking anymore either. Definately gotta like that.

This stuff is fun times, I must say. I just don't enjoy the lip chapping. Oh well, live with it I suppose.

Day something... I have no idea anymore. 50 something.

I'm still getting clearer, it's enjoyable. Sometimes I still flake which is rediculous, not a big fan of that. Really chapped/cracking lips is also not fun. I suppose the costs are worth the benefits.

Later.

Day something... I have no idea anymore. 50 something.

I'm still getting clearer, it's enjoyable. Sometimes I still flake which is rediculous, not a big fan of that. Really chapped/cracking lips is also not fun. I suppose the costs are worth the benefits.

Later.

I'm hopefully getting on Accutane on June 30, that's in... 2 days!  eusa_dance.gif  I have mild but very persistent acne.

It's awesome you're getting clearer.  I cannot wait until I get on Accutane.

I'll check back in to see how you're doing but for now, G00D LUCK on the 'tane train!  biggrin.gif  wink.gif