Notifications
Clear all

Help me! I'm totally confused...

MemberMember
(@littlelostboy)

Posted : 05/27/2005 11:52 am

Help! I've been reading thru the forums and to be honest, I've been bombarded by all sides about different regime!!! First, there is Dan's regime (doesn't really work because it makes my face dry and red).

Second there's Antony's regime (something that I really want to try but then there's too much products for me to use.

Now, I'm using the Water Only Regime and it done great things for my skin. My pimples are less red and visible now and my skin is a lot smoother and softer. I feel really great now that I'm now using loads of stuff on my face. But then, I've been researching on the net for so many months on acne and the ways to get rid of acne that now my mind is all filled up with different stuff. I'm CONFUSED!!!

OK, about my skin. I started to have acne when I was 12. First it was just very mild acne on my nose only and I treated it with OXY and OXY BP gel. However, at 14, my acne spreaded to my cheeks and jawline. This time, I changed to Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and it did okay. At 15, I went to a doctor and under went this to laser treatment and got some pills (Accutane or something, I don't know) and antibotics and some topical facial wash and creams. You know what? It actually worked! Okay that's not the point. My face stayed clear for 6 months before I started breaking out again (that's when I stopped using my medications, ran out). Now I have small little pimples around my cheeks and jawline and nose (my forehead is clear) and I really want to get rid of them bad!

My skin is a combination, oily at the T-zone but quite dry and the cheeks. I have MANY small pimples on my jawline, a FEW small pimples on both cheeks, only one pimple on my nose (but it is covered in small scars) and no pimple on my smooth forehead.

Can anyone advice me on which regime to use and what diet I should go on and what cleanser I should use and what supplements I should take (I'm currently taking Cod Liver Oil and Vitamin C, that's all). Really need help and I would be very thankful if someone can help me.

P.S. Sorry about my ranting but i have to let it out of my system.

MemberMember
(@littlelostboy)

Posted : 05/27/2005 7:58 pm

I seriously need help.... eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@hollister1)

Posted : 05/27/2005 8:16 pm

well, it does look like your confused..! biggrin.gif

if the water-only regimin is working for you, then use it!! it is kind of a controversial opinion around here. cool.gif

find out what your skin type is: dry sad.gif , sensitive, oily sad.gif , strong biggrin.gif , or normal biggrin.gif

if you do want to keep it simple then i suggest using the burts bees tomato complexion soap (read up on it on the 21 page thread dedicated to it).

then you need to moisturize, find a hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic moisturizer (im sure youve heard that before).

i dont find the need to tone, especially if your skin is sensitive. imo eusa_hand.gif

i use burts bees and olay complete moisturizer and my skin is looking better and better everyday biggrin.gif ...although it doesnt hurt that im on month 2 of accutane. smile.gif

great places to look for products is makeupalley.com or epinions.com or the product ratings page on this site.

also, its good to steam your face atleast once a week. for this u can use the kettle method ( by boiling water, putting your face over the pot [not too close for risk of burning your face] and put a towel over your head, sit for at least 15 minutes.) or you could by a personal steamer, i use one from homedics.

its also ok to exfoliate, never use scrubs on the market, instead use baking soda. only do this once a week and very gently by making a baking soda-water paste and gently rubbing your face for like 30 seconds.

other things:

-wear a hypoallergenic, non-comedegnic sunscreen ALL THE TIME, or buy a moisturizer with sunscreen in it

-dont touch your face or pick at it EVER, no matter how much you want too

-watch your diet, read up in the diet forum for more info

-dont let acne get you down

*this is basically just this entire site just condensed down. this is all just kinda what everyone should be doing. i honestly dont think it should be way complicated. never buy way too many products, and dont listen to every ranting and raving on how great a product is, if you do then youll end up going from one thing to the next and ruining your skin.*

as a general rule of thumb (i read this somewhere) *TREAT YOUR SKIN LIKE TISSUE PAPER* eusa_angel.gif

-colin

p.s. sorry if i missed anything...i hope your less confused?? eusa_think.gif

p.p.s. my hand is tired...

MemberMember
(@hollister1)

Posted : 05/27/2005 8:19 pm

ok sorry, i just read that your skin is combo oily, so there is products made for exactly that skin type.

also, i missed the part about the supplements. honestly, i dont take any so i wouldnt know...sorry.

and if things get bad again, please go for a second round of accutane...dont worry, some people need to.

MemberMember
(@littlelostboy)

Posted : 05/27/2005 8:27 pm

ok thanks man! i'm still confused but at least i'm less confused now. I'll keep your advice.

btw, this burt tomato soap thing, its is really that good?

and i hate using moisturezer because my face is kinda oily and i don't want to make my face more oily then before.

MemberMember
(@kaybee)

Posted : 05/28/2005 1:06 am

heh honestly if you took antibiotics, it killed all the 'good bacteria' in your gut and when you stopped taking it, the bad bacteria took over. (trust me, i went thru the same exact thing)

I would recommend taking probiotics for a long time and to rebuild your body with it.

Also, if you're looking for a regimen to follow, do Antony's. It's a good resume of all the regimens out there, and it WILL work.

I'm actually building my own regimen which I believe will be "simpler and more realistic" to do than Antony's.

However, his regimen works.

MemberMember
(@littlelostboy)

Posted : 05/28/2005 7:08 am

Ok thanks, I'll try Antony's when I can get all my resources. But wat exactly is probiotics and wat does it do?

I didn't noe that antibiotics does that to me so thanks...i'll keep that in mind if the doctor prescript me the medecins.

Hope you succeed in building your own regime! eusa_clap.gifeusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@israelhoffman11gmail-com)

Posted : 01/26/2016 2:09 am

On Friday, May 27, 2005 at 0:52 PM, littlelostboy said:

Help! I've been reading thru the forums and to be honest, I've been bombarded by all sides about different regime!!! First, there is Dan's regime (doesn't really work because it makes my face dry and red).

Second there's Antony's regime (something that I really want to try but then there's too much products for me to use.

Now, I'm using the Water Only Regime and it done great things for my skin. My pimples are less red and visible now and my skin is a lot smoother and softer. I feel really great now that I'm now using loads of stuff on my face. But then, I've been researching on the net for so many months on acne and the ways to get rid of acne that now my mind is all filled up with different stuff. I'm CONFUSED!!!

OK, about my skin. I started to have acne when I was 12. First it was just very mild acne on my nose only and I treated it with OXY and OXY BP gel. However, at 14, my acne spreaded to my cheeks and jawline. This time, I changed to Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and it did okay. At 15, I went to a doctor and under went this to laser treatment and got some pills (Accutane or something, I don't know) and antibotics and some topical facial wash and creams. You know what? It actually worked! Okay that's not the point. My face stayed clear for 6 months before I started breaking out again (that's when I stopped using my medications, ran out). Now I have small little pimples around my cheeks and jawline and nose (my forehead is clear) and I really want to get rid of them bad!

My skin is a combination, oily at the T-zone but quite dry and the cheeks. I have MANY small pimples on my jawline, a FEW small pimples on both cheeks, only one pimple on my nose (but it is covered in small scars) and no pimple on my smooth forehead.

Can anyone advice me on which regime to use and what diet I should go on and what cleanser I should use and what supplements I should take (I'm currently taking Cod Liver Oil and Vitamin C, that's all). Really need help and I would be very thankful if someone can help me.

P.S. Sorry about my ranting but i have to let it out of my system.

So i lve struggled w pimples and blackheads really bad 2 years ago. I have sensitive skin so everything i used from topical creams to cvs creams just destroyed my face even worse. However i found a simple and easy regime. Hope it works for you too.

My secret is water and baby lotion (pink bottle)

get a clean rag, turn on the hot water to as hot as it can get. Dump ya rag in it. Then drain the water from the rag. Then lightly press upon ya face. Leave for 20 seconds.

Do this for about 6-7times. The last time wipe ya face in circle motions to get all the dirt from ya face.

After get a cue tip dip it in alcohol and dab each pimple.

After ya done run cold water on ya face for about 10 splashes. To close ya pores.
Then apply a dime size of (pink bottle)baby lotion to mild damp skin till its all over ya face and absorbed. And shazam.twice a day and you'll see changes in 2-4 days. For sensitive/oilyskin.

My skin cleared within a month no lie. I still struggle w little black heads on my nose and i will get a pimple here and there. But they go away so fast. As far scars apply juice from a lemon as a spot treatment then wipe off 30 mins after every night

Hope this works for you as good as it did for me 🙂

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/27/2016 11:45 pm

Just experiment. It's impossible for someone to realistically tell you everything you should take. Unfortunately it takes time to find the right thing.