Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone tried this??

www.freederm.co.uk

i was watching GMTV today (dont laugh! eusa_eh.gif ) and in the adverts this came on.

it doesnt have any peroxides in it (not BP) so whats the main ingrediant?? eusa_think.gif

Yeah I use it. The main ingredient is Nicotinamide 4%, which is an anti-inflamatory agent. I got this stuff 4-5 weeks ago as my dad's a pharmacist biggrin.gif. They claim it's a totally new approach to acne treatment by stopping the irritants from 'irritating'. I use it during the day and BP (panoxyl) at night. The freederm seems to help reduce the reddening effects of the BP pretty well. However, the freederm isn't a cheap product, relative to the costs of other treatments.

If you want it, best thing to do is ask your local pharmacist to order it. My dad ordered it from a supplier called AAH.

Yeah I use it. The main ingredient is Nicotinamide 4%, which is an anti-inflamatory agent. I got this stuff 4-5 weeks ago as my dad's a pharmacist  biggrin.gif. They claim it's a totally new approach to acne treatment by stopping the irritants from 'irritating'. I use it during the day and BP (panoxyl) at night. The freederm seems to help reduce the reddening effects of the BP pretty well. However, the freederm isn't a cheap product, relative to the costs of other treatments.

If you want it, best thing to do is ask your local pharmacist to order it. My dad ordered it from a supplier called AAH.

grey fox, what time do you use the panoxyl at? I'm just using Freederm on it's own at the moment, and am unsure whether i should combine it with BP.

Yeah, i've seent hat advert my mate is on there from my school. The main person on it, the girl with the red hair, shes 1 of my m8s from school, shes very talented and very pretty especially in person. Look out for her in the future, her name is Vicky Curtain from Gordano School in Portishead.

Yeah, i've seent hat advert my mate is on there from my school. The main person on it, the girl with the red hair, shes 1 of my m8s from school, shes very talented and very pretty especially in person. Look out for her in the future, her name is Vicky Curtain from Gordano School in Portishead.

smile.gif hello all, only found this brilliant website today and spent all day pretty much exploring and even went to boots to grab some E45 was, eucerin moisturiser and PanOxyl 2.5.

Started using freederm a couple of weeks ago, seems to reduce redness around my nose, but not really the actual whiteheads, but good for inflamation certainly.

cheers,

Tom

hey everyone, i'm using this at the moment, its my first "acne" cream as such instead of spot wash and things like that, i still get white head flare ups during the day but theres a lot less red marks and scarring from previous spots are going down. I use it twice a day and its pretty good but expensive considering how much you get, especially if you use it twice a day. Id recommend it though

CINDY

I jus bought freederm cream a few weeks ago and it what it does basically is it dries the skin out and reduces redness and blemishes. It takes time and my friends said that they noticed a big change in my skin. I reccomend it but it is quite expensive as mine was £8.99 and it is quite small!!

Look you have to understand that they've just had a big marketing push these last couple of weeks what with magazine/newspaper/tv promotions. All the articles have been pro-freederm to a ridiculous degree. If it works for you fine, it must work for some people, but dont think its gonna be your saviour just because Philip Schofield backs it!

Yeah it certainly reduces redness (i have been using it about 3 weeks now), but i am still getting a few active spots really only around my chin area and my skin is getting dry again (maybe though because i spent the last few days in the sun fishing?)

well i think the stuff is alright, defo done something for my skin, and u know another weird thing, ive bee away from my house since tuesday, and i didnt even wash my face lol, got home last nite, first thing my mum said to me was ur face is lookin the best ive seen it ? im like how if i aint washed or nothing, but in truth it did look alot better then ive seen it too tongue.gif its weird to be honest

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure that a version of 'freederm' gel is available on prescription as Nicam gel (4% Nicotinamide) Mine comes in a 60g tube. You can buy it over the counter as Nicam too, but it costs around £8 (and that may be for a smaller tube - not sure)

As I buy a 'season ticket' for my prescriptions, it has saved me a fortune. It hasn't cleared mine - hence I am looking at this website - but it definitely helps and isn't as drying as a lot of gels I have tried.

It is probably worth asking your GP about if you want to try it, as the OTC ones seem a lot more expensive.

Also meant to say that mine was initially prescribed by the dermatology department at a large UK hospital - so I would assume that they have found it an effective treatment for quite a lot of people.

shall i get this? is it any good for redmarks coz i saw it in our pharmacy today, but bloody hell its £8 and doesnt look very big. doubt.gif

i was thinking of putting my BP on at night as usual, then 15% glycolic night cream (from perfect skin website) then maybe a blob of freederm on whiteheads and any annoying redmarks.

anyone disagree?? eusa_think.gif

my personal opinion is that this is BETTER then the BP stuff i was using, BP made my skin dry, look like crap and was very red all the time, so far the freederm has reduced my active spots, cleared my skin alot and looks alot better, but i admit it was dry at the start and didnt look as if it was doing nothing, infact it looked as if it was gettin worse but i think it was the under skin spots come out on my cheeks, as now my cheeks are near CLEAR :o i just have a few spots which hopefully will go down in time and hopefully the oil will reduce tongue.gif i love this stuff, still on my 1st tube and its lasted about 4 weeks now biggrin.gif