Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I am a 29 years old male with mild to moderate acne. I have tried BP for years before and it helped, but I made some mistakes by then (used 5 and 10% and no moisturizer). Also where I live we cannot buy BP anymore.

I also have been clear by changing the way I lived and ate and etc, but I just couldn't follow that path in the long run, so here I am.

Yesterday I recieved two tubes of BP from Dan and now I am starting to follow Dans regimen. I will post my progress here.

I work as an engineer and in my sparetime I do hard resistance training and dancing. I also bike about 30 km per day as transportation.

Looking forward to week 3 eusa_dance.gif

I just hate acne cry.gif

Day 1 I had to change the way I shave, since I used to shave with a machine.

I used about an hour in the morning to start the regimen.

In the evening it was hot and I felt my skin didn't needed moisturiser, so I skiped that.

I also sinned by popping some pimples before I shaved eusa_wall.gif

Anyways, I got started eusa_angel.gif

Day 2, Friday. No more touching and popping and scratching ... at least I promised myself.

I didn't shave this morning since I am going to shave and go to a party later.

I have new mild breakouts and the skin is sligtly red and very irritated. I use half of the recommended amount of BP gel (a half finger). I used the moisurizer twice this morning.

I have got one big zit on my right chin... begging ... but eusa_naughty.gif

Day 5, monday. I have been out both friday, saturday and sunday to party. Saturday I even drank alot of alcohol rolleyes.gif . My skin looked slighly better but mainly due to the redness of the irritated skin.

Some of the acne cleared up a bit, but the skin around the mouth got totally fucked up confused.gif , so I use a very thick moisturizer instead of the BP gel here. And I cut back the amount of BP gel also in general.

I have only been shaving every second or third day and with the machine razor, which I find more gentle with sores.

Day 6, Tuesday. My skin is completly pealing all over, but it is less red now. I use less than 1/3 finger BP and none in the area around the mouth. I got two new zits, one on the nose and one on the chin. Besides that, it is not that bad. Not much progress yet though.

Day 7, Wednesday. The skin is still dry and peeling, but now I use BP full-face (not around eyes) again, about 1/3 finger still. The zits have not cleared much and new zits have formed. The skin iches.

The skin around the eyes is also very dry and peeling, even though no BP has been applied here. I now use the thick creme here.

I hope good news is just around the corner eusa_think.gif , because I am starting to be a bit depressed by this wacko.gif .

The what to expect says, a breakout will come within the next week ... great cry.gif

The skin is still dry and peeling, but the acne is slowly clearing a little bit I think.

Your skin sounds really sensitive, at least to bp. The peeling and dryness should subside soon, probably within a week. At that point, it's also a very good idea to add in Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer. Keep us posted.

Thanks, Dan.

Day 12, Monday. The skin is not peeling much anymore, but it is still a bit dry after washing. The skin is now certainly more clear and better looking than day 0.

Since my last post I have had a single very small whitehead and a just as small blackhead. Both are almost gone now. I have been out to dance thursday night, saturday night and yesterday night. Yesterday night I used a bit of make-up, so my skin looked almost perfect eusa_dance.gif

... I caught a cold ... not so good neutral.gif

Before I started I had 2-3 new zits every day, so I am pretty happy with the regimen now. I use about a half finger now. It really seems like alot to use allready, so I am wondering how to use that full finger.

Day 13, tuesday.

Nothing new to report. No new acne and the sun is shining cool.gif . Still using that half finger of BP.

Day 14, Wednesday.

Last day of week 2, and still no breakout and no new acne of any kind smile.gif

Now the skin is not read at all, actually it is quite pale with the read marks from acne still remaining. Is is still peeling a bit though, mostly on the left side for some reason. The skin is totally smooth, except for 3 spots that are still slightly elevated where I had zits during the first days of the regimen.

I still use a half finger of BP and apply 3 layers on the two worst problem areas (high on both chins - weird place).

Day 15, thursday.

Still no new acne, and the old zits are now almost flat. The skin was extremely dry after washing this morning. Before washing I popped the blackheads on my nose evil.gif (some that are always there...).

Day 16, Friday.

Still no new zits eusa_dance.gif . This must be zit-free day 6.

Before washing I popped some old blackheads, that were starting to come out. I know I am not supposed to, but they itch if I let them stay, and the skin looks better if they are removed ninja.gif .

Linde, I can relate to the dry skin. I noticed that if I don't use lotion immediately after washing my skin will crack and flake. I use Cetaphil facial lotion which doesn't further breakouts like other lotions. Sounds like the regimen is working for you though. Good luck.

Linde, I can relate to the dry skin.  I noticed that if I don't use lotion immediately after washing my skin will crack and flake.  I use Cetaphil facial lotion which doesn't further breakouts like other lotions.  Sounds like the regimen is working for you though.  Good luck.

Day 19, Monday.

My skin i alot better now. It is not dry, not red and not peeling. The red spots have not changed much though, that will take a long time I guess. I am using 2/3 finger of BP now.

There is still no new zits, but my forehead have for some days looked like it is just about to break out.

I was out dancing friday and yesterday, and I was quite popular with the girls, and I was wearing no makeup this time.

Day 20, Tuesday. Zit free day 10.

The forehead looks better now. No new zits, just the old red marks remain. The skin is generally in good condition.

... which is amazing considering that the last weeks I have been sleeping to little, eating less good, going out, being with my girlfriend alot, doing hard workout, etc.

BP wub.gif

Day 21, Wednesday.

Nothing new, except some peeling in the nose area between the eyes (what do you call that?).

Week 4, day 1, Thursday. The skin is quite dry and peeling again. Maybe I have been using too little moisturizer at night, because I came home too late and applied the moisturizer too quickly.

Otherwise it seems okay, except for the red marks... when will they disapear?? It's like they are going to stay forever. Anyways, I just got some birthmarks removed (by laser) som I am anyways going to look like a caraccident for some time rolleyes.gif

It's hot, I am tired and I got hayfever wacko.gif

Week 4, day 2:

The skin is still dry and peeling as yesterday. Still no new acne of any kind. The red marks seem less evident today.

I am thinking about trying to decrease the amount of BP gel and start to use some face masks and vitamin enriched moisturizer etc. I just don't know if it is too early, so I will wait a bit before I start anyway.

It would be so damn good to have a perfect skin eusa_pray.gif

Well. Now I am trying (probably too early) to be off the BP gel to see what happens. This is day 3 (monday) without BP gel, and no breakout yet. We'll see ... but I will probably be crying and running back to the BP gel in no time redface.gif

I am using a face mask (Guinot equilib.) and the Zirh facewash plus Zirh correct moisturizer. I will also try to eat more healty, and I experiment with eating yoghurt in the morning, which I learned should be good. Anyhow it tastes yummy eusa_drool.gif

Day 4 without BP, Tuesday.

Still doing fine without it. See - I can fly !!!? ....

How long after using BP, will it still be working??

Day 5 without BP, Wednesday.

My skin looks pretty good exept for the red marks. However - the last zit i had is getting active again now. But this is not enough to give up hope.

Day 6 without BP gel, Thursday. Zitcount 1 (between the eyes, the one from yesterday).

The skin is now totally pale which makes the red marks more evident. My forehead does not look totally clear (very small red marks), but I am not sure if this is due to a comming problem, or it is just because it is now visible. I think it is the latter.

The pores definately looks smaller and more refined since starting to use face masks. The face masks makes the dirt and blackheads come out very easily.

The grass pollen is very high here, which makes my skin and eyes and nose irritated. The two last years the acne increased alot during the grass pollen season.

Day 7 without BP gel, Friday. Zitcount: 0 biggrin.gif

The zit between the eyes have healed, leaving the red mark from before. I had some problems with my skin yesterday where I was very close to a breakout because I did not wash my face after I came home (I bike 12km to get home). It was too damn hot, and I anyways were going to go shopping by bike after. Then when I came home I took a nap, and when I woke up 5 hours after I came home, I could spot 5 micro size whiteheads. I washed my face and used the face-mask. Afterwards I was out dancing and when I came home I used two masks and removed dirt from the pores. I am doing better today, and the micro whiteheads are back to the small red marks that It was before (even during BP).

Damn, got to be more carefull. And damn it is a hot summer here now.