Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chitown

Scars look great one day, not so much the next....

Wow!

Sunday night, as I came home, I checked my scars (on my cheek) out in the mirror. I almost jumped with joy! My main scar (boxcar) had plumped up and was even with the surrounding skin. This is a pretty big scar, about the size of a pencil eraser and about half as deep (as an eraser). I was so happy, I said to myself "finally, my laser treatment is paying off big time!"

I went to sleep so happy and spent the next couple of days with so much happiness and confidence it was crazy! I felt like a new man, like a new page in my book had turned. You could still see an outline of where the scar was, but no indentation!

And now today......

The scars gone back down. Not as bad as before, but it has definitely depressed some. Sigh..... for a couple of days there i felt so normal and attractive, and even now as I write this i feel down. But, I gotta keep going, I know the scar will improve itself further with time.

I wonder how much of it was in my head? No way though, I definitely could not have made this stuff up. I wish i had pictures... you guys would have flipped too!

chitown

scars look better after a decent of 8 + hours of sleep

but can look worse when your tired because gerenaly when your tired your face starts to swell

Hello50 is right. many of my scars are almost invisible when I first wake up. Also, your skin cycles every 30 days or so as all of your cells are replcaed with new ones, so it can look great one week and not so great a week later.

I have the same situation. Some days my scars are less visible than others. Some days my skin looks soft and plump, other days it looks rough and lumpy. I always thought this was hormone related but I don't know exactly which hormone is causing my skin to look good. I imagine its the estrogen.

The appearance of your scars is probably related to your skins moisture levels... drinking alcohol will dehydrate you and your skin... try drinking 3 litres of water a day (the amount a human is supposed to use a day) and keep your skin moisturised; this will plump out the skin more making scars less noticeable.

I have the same problem! I was just thinking about starting a thread about it!

My scars look great in the morning (ok, not great, but not horrid). As the afternoon goes on, they look much, much worse. In the AM, I wear makeup & that covers nicely. But even if I start over & wash my face & reapply makeup, it never looks as good in the afternoon.

Should we all take naps before we go out at night?? :-k

ha ha, I used to take naps before I went out, I felt it helped out a lot. Right now, I'm finding that a full 8 hours of sleep (as opposed to my usual 6 or less) and staying full hydrated keeps my scars looking good.

I've noticed that in the morning my scars don't look too bad, sort of softer and shallower, but by the afternoon they look bad again. Anyone know why this is so? I would have thought it would be the other way around as I always feel dehydrated first thing on a morning.

I'm up and down with my scars. I just want some consistency. If they are going to look bad then stay like it. Usually they are at their worse after i shave on sundays and wash my hair. My face goes dry and well this is the time i dread the most. I try to avoid the mirror but sometimes you can't. That's why i do it on Sunday's instead of a Monday.

Antz: I've noticed the exact same thing. Even my dark eye circles are lighter. I think its just gravity. :-s