Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TGE232

How long should i wait to tan?

ive been off accutane for about 3 days now and really want to get a tan possibly this weekend. i just dont want to mess up my skin or anything cause i know that it is most likely still dry and fragile. if this weekend is too soon, how long should i wait?

I think it depends on your skin type and how dry/sensitive you actually are right now. I went to Las Vegas just days after finishing Tane and I basked in the sun without any problems. I'm only one month post-Tane right now and I'm quite tanned... but I started out with a complexion that is very yellow-based and tans easily. While on Accutane I did become a lot fairer, rosier and sensitive, but that isn't my natural complexion (which has returned 90% already since finishing). I think it's kind of a judgement call smile.gif

Mae

Guest Craigems

spend little amounts of time in the sun, at sporadic times of the day, u get tanned, but u dont get burnt. Little time = maybe 10mins, then 10mins out then 10mins in again maybe a few times a day.

I tanned the whole time and my dosage was 60 MG. It definitely depends on your skin type I tanned great!

I'll be the one to rain on the parade and tell you that you shouldn't tan at all. Tanning is skin damage, pure and simple. I've been using sunscreen whenever i'll be exposed - i'm now 30 years old and even my doctor couldn't beleive it and thought that there was a mistake on the chart, she told me i look 10 years younger. Sun exposure is directly linked not only to premature aging, but to deadly skin cancers. If you really want that tanned "healthy" (<--- irony!) look, go to a salon and get an airbrush tan, they have really improved in recent years and look like the real thing.