Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RM1985

Hi folks... I have a few questions if you don't mind...

I have moderate acne, it's nothing serious, but I still consider it to be the bane of my existence. My derm had me putting tretinoin gel and the stronger BP cream, I'm not too sure about the latter though, I've used them all up long ago and thrown away the containers. As I recall, I started getting more pimples after I had run out of the cream, so I suppose BP does help a lot. I've been thinking of asking my doctor to prescribe accutane for me, I doubt he will though, my acne is far from being severe and I'm more than a little concerned about all the side effects... so I think I'll try "the regimen" for the weeks to come. My next appointment with the dermatologist is on June 4th, so there's plenty of time.

Anyway, on to my questions... How can I employ “the regimen� for the acne on my chest and back? Do I use the same procedure? Those pimples are a bit different… they’re not pus-filled and are just bumps. Any advice would be welcome…

And can I use "the regimen" while on the aforementioned gel and cream? I don't think I'll get accutane, but I'm sure the doctor will prescribe those again for me.

Thanks much.

i am no doctor but my philosophy is the sooner u go on accutane the better. the pimples if cystic are gonna scar no matter what, and if u wait accutane is going to actually make em more visible. so is better to go on accutane before ur skin is totally messed up. besides i dont know who ur doctor is but my derm at my university throws out accutane prescriptions left and right unless pregnancy is involved ( or if u have some serious issues, like if u alcoholic and already have damaged ur liver).

Hmm... to my knowledge, I've never gotten cysts. My acne is never painful and comes out to the surface most of the time... if it doesn't, the pimple just goes away after a while.

does it scar or not? ever looked at ur skin under natural sun light? anyway my derm agrees with me that if money is no issue, if u dont already have scars, and u willling to live with the side effects for couple of months accutane is the way to go. it gives many people their baby skin back. again if u already have scars u should rethink going for accutane.

I think retin A and BP are contraindicated...check cosmetics cop website on that. You really want to be using Bp as your only topical...believe me it will be agressive enough on its lonesome. I don't think till June 4 is really long enough to assess if the regimen is working for you. I was clear within 2 weeks...but others take a couple of months.

I have never had backne so can't advise u on the regimen process....but plse note - BP bleaches clothing so wear pale tops or undershirts.

I wouldn't rule accutane out if your skin is resistant to other teatments.

Yeah, accutane can be scary, it's a big thing to think about. And Frances is right about retinA& BP. Yikes!harsh. For bacne & chest acne, however, you can be a lot more harsh. Get a body wash for the shower w/ SA or BP in it, but don't use it on your face. You can also get a stronger BP product w/ 5% and up, but don't use it on your face. I get a little chest acne and I like the medicated "facial" wipes to clean up when I feel dirty & sweaty...but i never use them on my face.