Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curethis

oiliness after accutane

i had extremely oily skin before going on accutane...now i'm into my second month and my oil has decreased dratically, to the point of my skin being "normal". My question is, will my oiliness come back after stopping my accutane treatment? or will it remain the same as it is now? thanx in advance

I was like you, I loved being on accutane, as my skin became normal, not the usual dry. It was Wonderful to experience how.. the "other side" lives..!!! However, after accutane my skin became its usual oily self again, only this time without any breakouts...making the oiliness much more tolerable...Good luck to you and enjoy it while you can... wink.gif

i had extremely oily skin before going on accutane...now i'm into my second month and my oil has decreased dratically, to the point of my skin being "normal". My question is, will my oiliness come back after stopping my accutane treatment? or will it remain the same as it is now? thanx in advance

My oil returned after accutane stopped. Bummer too since my skin was SUPER oily before and it was kind of cool to have "normal" skin! The frequency and severity of acne, however, was much improved.

My oil returned, but not as bad as it was before.

I went on a short course 40mg for 3 months. For me oil returned back exactly as before and I was very oily before.

i wasn't exceptionally oily before going on tane...but I had enough...i used to use those clean and clear oil absorbing sheets...i stopped tane last september after a 5 month course at 40mg all the way through...and the oiliness came back slightly...but my derm recommended brevoxyl 4%...u can also try the 8% if needed...it helps keep the oil down...and I wash once in the morning and put on the Cetaphil SPF I grew to love during tane...and that's it...if i get a lil shiny in the afternoon just a quick wipe or splash and it works out well...no need to wash at night for me...but u can use the brevoxyl/moisturizer combo as often as you like according to my derm...best of luck...