Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lexy

accutane and scar revision

If someone quit their accutane course after 2 months, do they still have to wait 6 months to get a dermabrasion or is the waiting period shorter?

Guest niko

Um 6 months?? You're going to damage your face even more if you do that...I wouldn't do anything invasive for 2 years...until your skin is good an oily again...and you don't scar from every pimple. Don't risk it.

but after 6 months your face could handle something like a temporary filler...and you will get instant results...minimal downtime...just make sure you go to a top doc for it.

Edit...just re-read your question...well what dosage were you on...if you quit that early and it was a low dosage then maybe 18 months after could be ok..but still I wouldn't mess around so soon. Also if your scars are new they will mature quite a bit some of the shallow ones will dissapear...give it time...it always looks the worst when they're new and fresh.

Guest delta force operators

lexi dermabrasion is hardcore...do u believethat alone can solve ur problem??

lexi dermabrasion is hardcore...do u believethat alone can solve ur problem??

Dr. Y has the waiting period at 6 months. You won't scar further with dermabrasion if you take care of your face afterwards.

I got dermabrasion less than 4 months after a 3 month (80 mg) course of accutane. The dermabrasion was deep, and I actually healed much faster than average. My medit. skin tone returned to normal in less than 6 weeks.

Guest niko

o.k if the doc says 6 months fine...but most papers I have read claim to wait 12-24 months before doing invasive procedures...I gave you the safer side...but everyone is different...how is your skin now? If it's oily or in the same condition prior to accutane then go for it...it all depends on your healing ability..if your skin is not producing any oil then i would wait...its your face..you've waited 10 years..what's one more...why risk it...again talk with a doc and go with what they say...

Guest delta force operators

falnhart how much did the dermabrasion help??

o.k if the doc says 6 months fine...but most papers I have read claim to wait 12-24 months before doing invasive procedures