Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

A regimen I got that sounds promising...

I got this from another board. Hopefully this will help everyone!!!

First of all if you have a bad skin complexion & acne scars & you want the scars to go away & the complexion to look good... Here's some tips & stuff to use...

1.)Drink lots of water, if you can't stand water! Try ice water! It's not only good for your skin & body, but it's very relaxing & relieves stress. Make sure to stay away from alcohol & soda of any kind. Health drinks should be fine as well as smoothies that has fruits in them,meaning no ice cream! Try plain yogurt instead!

2.)Make sure you get Vitamin tablets.. mainly look for Zinc,Vitamin C & Vitamin E pills! These help your skin a whole lot.. Take these three daily & with time you should see results!

3.) Face masks are good for your complexion & they even stop acne from coming. I recommend these..

Zia Apple Refining Mask

Astara Activated Sea Mineral Mask

Zia French Clay Purifying Mask

Astara Violet Flame Enzyme Mask

4.)Try twice a week to lather up morning and night with a wash containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) Which slough away skin's outer layers. These are for people who most likely have an uneven skin tone due to acne & scars! Try one of these products to help!

MD Formulations Facial Cleanser

DDF Glycolic Exfoliating Wash 7%

Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face & Body Polish

Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

5.) It's also good to use a sunscreen for your face! Try these products...

Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 Daily Mositurizer lotion

Amore Pacific Natural Protector SPF 23 Sunscreen

6.)Blemishes... Give this a try...

Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Treatment Mask.

7.)Cleansing & lotions.. Get soaps & lotions that are "non-comedogenic" meaning that it's very unlikely to clog pores, which causes acne! I recommend these two.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar (Moisturing Non Comedogenic)

Cetaphil Lotions of any kind should be fine...

8.)Eat plenty of fruits & vegetables,meaning alot of salads,apples,oranges,pineapples,pears,peaches,grapes etc etc... Stay away from alot of salty & sugary foods.Stay away from alot of candy & chocolate, it's ok to have some every now & then but don't over indulge in too much of these things.

9.)Get plenty of rest & make sure you get alot of it... Remember we need at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep in.Also follow a routine to go to bed at the same time every night at a reasonable time! The less stress & tired we are, the most likely that we won't break out!

10.) Excercise!! Not only do you get fit & feel good, but it's real good for your body including your face!!

11.) Remember to take care of your body every night.. Meaning always take your bath, wash your hair every night & morning,brush your teeth & floss every night & morning! I don't know if this benefit for your acne, but it's good to do anyway lol!

12.) Also, don't pick at pimples or scars!! Definate no no!

13.)It might be good to sleep face up if you can, it's

optional though. So your face won't be smothered with the pillow or so bacteria or anything won't settle in if you don't change your bed sheets or pillow sheets often.

If you follow these tips... Your skin should improve in at least 2 to 3 months with following these routines.. As for the products.. you don't have to buy everything I mentioned but search these on the internet & find what might work best for you!

This part of the forum is strictly for user's on the Clear Skin Regimen. This is a good post though, solid advice, you would get more responses in other areas of the forums.

This part of the forum is strictly for user's on the Clear Skin Regimen. This is a good post though, solid advice, you would get more responses in other areas of the forums.