Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asparagus

peeling my way to happiness...

well, second. i had a triple strength peel done last year but only one.

i am going to see her every two weeks for the next couple of months. since my mom works at the hospital that she has her office in, she gave us a nice deal (ninety bucks every two weeks... real nice!)

but she put this 'detox' gel on my face that made all the existing pimples come to the surface and fall out... amazing. my face is smooth for once! but still some nodules. she put the peel on twice and then a pH balancing gel after a bit. and i cant touch it until tomorrow. it stings a bit now and is so TIGHT and my face looks like a snake (looks oily but its not). overall, im impressed because i know the more peeling that goes on, the better the chances of healing (i have lots and lots of red marks and a few nodules, not real bad ones but still painful).

the most important thing was that she LISTENED. i have been to countless dermatologists and they take a look, prescribe, and send me on my way. she asked me what i was eating, how i sleep, how i deal with stress. she told me that cutting milk out of my diet (like i did this past week) will help a lot. she helped me pick out good supplements. very nice. i am super excited. hopefully ill be all clear when i start school in the fall!