Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
littlebirdy27

I got burned by Neutrogena!

I got burned by Neutrogena...literally! I've been using that Acne Mark Fading Peel and I spot treated myself the other day and it started burning bad so I took it off and it burned me BAD! Everywhere the stuff was there are very red marks....So now I look like a freaking dalmation! What do I do? The marks were burning and hurting really bad and I've been putting aloe vera 100% gel on them and hydrocortisone 1% cream. Anything I can do to make my burns heal faster? Please tell me they won't scar....Am I looking at months of healing? I've got senior pictures in like a week.

Oh btw, I'm Joe. Just registered!

Give neutrogena a ring, they will know what is in the product and exactly how to help you. And you'll probably get some free stuff too!

I know you are only supposed to keep that mask on for about 10 minutes. I have heard people on this board actually wearing the mask for hours, and even overnight. how long did you keep the mask on?

I got burned by Neutrogena...literally! I've been using that Acne Mark Fading Peel and I spot treated myself the other day and it started burning bad so  I took it off and it burned me BAD! Everywhere the stuff was there are very red marks....So now I look like a freaking dalmation! What do I do? The marks were burning and hurting really bad and I've been putting aloe vera 100% gel on them and hydrocortisone 1% cream. Anything I can do to make my burns heal faster? Please tell me they won't scar....Am I looking at months of healing? I've got senior pictures in like a week.

Oh btw,  I'm Joe. Just registered!

It's the blue stuff, in the small bottle.

I've read about people leaving it on a long time, too, but I've pretty much followed the instructions with the just a few times a week and 5-10 minutes.

My skin is so weird. It's super sensitive to some things and not sensitive to other things at all.

The burns are all in the shape of exactly how they were when the gel-stuff was on my face. When I treat them with aloe vera, they burn and sting. I also think they're swollen b/c they're kinda puffed up.

Well, the worse ones have already begun to scab over, so I've been keeping them moist and covered. I don't think they'll all scab, though. I think just about every zit that was there got burned off, so the new skin should be better, but I just hope the scabs heal quickly. confused.gif

Thats odd. This stuff has been fading my red marks nicely and I dont get a burning sensation at all.