Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethanyrushes

What do YOU think triggers a breakout?

Ok so we all read stuff right? Stress, pollution, eating badly, all of these are meant to break you out. But I wonder if its different for everyone? For example, I KNOW stress breaks me out. As soon as life stuff starts going wrong its like my skin says, "Your life sucks right now, I'm gonna make it even worse by giving you a big breakout!"

How about you guys?

Maybe if you look closely and identify your breakout factor, you'd be another step closer to being clear

mine is (was) putting things on my face like creams and gels and stuff like bp and using soaps or whatever but i realized they are all no good so i have stopped.

I think, that and certain foods like greasy things and chips all give me terrible looking skin...which i have also stopped....

masturbating/sex

also this may sound funny but, personally i actually think music and games affect my acne as well

like the music that i listen to are 90% eminem songs, and you kno how his are all full of hate and stuff, and yea when i listen to them it just keeps reminding me of anger and rage and stuff....seriously

as for games, it would be counter-strike, teenagers will probably know this but for those who dont, its a online shooting game......im very addicted to this game but yet when i play it it put me in great stress i believe, like when im the last one i get nervous, i even feel my heart pumping like 3x faster!!! and my face gets hot (red maybe)....but then again, im addicted to it

In all the time that I've had acne there are a few things that I think contribute to my breakouts.

Poor sleep. When ever I don't get enough sleep I can feel my skin getting pissed off, it feels as if something isn't right inside, next day I got zits.

Large dairy intake. Some milk here or there, and a slice of cheese doesn't do much, but before when I'd binge and eat a whole large pizza I'd pay for it the next day.

Massive amounts of soda. I'd do this sometimes at a resteraunt. The food would take forever to come out, and I'd go through a couple liters of soda throughout the course of a meal. That'd flare up acne real good.

Creatine and whey protein. These 2 took me to my highest levels of breakouts.

Scrubbing. I used to be a scrubber before I knew any better. Scrubbed 2x a day, did a lot more harm that good.

I wish I knew what broke me out... So unfair because I quit playing games cause I thought that broke me out, I go to sleep before 10pm, and most of the day I'm usually very relaxed.

hell, maybe all this work we put into trying to find a cure, the ultimate regime and worrying about sun damage,diet "oh shit i had some milk, thats me done for" makes our acne worse!

all these different gel,washes,scrubs,face masks we try cant be good for skin your can it?

its just one downward spiral of despair.........and no dairy

I think not sweating 3 times a week causes my acne. If i work out twice or once a week get 2 pimples. I have 2 pimples on my face now because i didnt go to teh gym yesterday.

washing face

not washing face

using almost all moisturizers

not using a moisturizer (dryness from stuff)

i used to have a moisturizer that worked great, but can't find it no more, and everything else is breaking me out

My face being mashed into the pillow, and shampoo and hair oil that get on my face. I think those things cause about 80% of my pimples, and 100% of the bad ones.