Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alicialynn

Alicia's Regimen

A little background:

I am 19 years old and have *extremely* fair skin with pink undertones (I'm serious, any lighter i'd be transparant). I have an oily T-Zone and many blackheads. A few years ago I started using Clean and Clear's Deep Action Cream Cleanser (rip-off), which did absolutely nothing to my skin. I went to the dermatologist, and was prescribed a benzoyl peroxide 4% wash, differin gel, and some foam antibacterial thing (don't remember the name). I think I overused it because my face was so dry I felt like a chameleon. So I stopped. Then I started using facial cleansing cloths (Dove, Olay), and really started breaking out in my cheeks, forehead, and chin. I think it was from scrubbing with the cloths. Recently I stopped using them and started using the regimen below.

Morning:

Cleanse with Purpose Gentle Cleanser

Moisturize with Purpose Moisturizer

Apply Make-up

Night:

Cleanse face with Purpose Facial Cleanser

Tone with Neutrogena Alcohol-free toner

Apply Neutrogena On-the-Spot

Moisturize with Purpose Moisturizer

One a week:

Baking soda mixed with Purpose cleanser as a scrub.

So far it's been a week, and I've only used the Purpose wash, and On-the-spot (and of course make-up) because I'm broke and have to wait until Friday to buy the rest. I only apply the On-the-Spot to the pimples themselves, and notice itchiness and some flaking. My face has not seen improvement yet, but it's only been a week so I am going to wait at least a month to judge.

Well, today I mixed in baking soda w/ my cleanser for the first time. At first, didn't go so well. Spilled baking soda on the floor, and when I WANTED to get it out of the box, wouldn't budge, and when I finally did I had a hand full of baking soda. But..besides the minor inconvenience, I managed to mix and apply on my face. One of the first sensations I had was burning, now I am not sure if it is because I am using benzoyl peroxide on my face or what, but it scorched. I rubbed across my face and rinsed it off. The results were much better then the actual process, my face was very smooth, and I think I even exfoliated some blackheads. Good experience overall.