Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys. First post here. Dr has reccommended accutane for me but I thought id try some other things first as Im scared of the possible side effects. Anyways, I was just doing a bit of reading when I came across the following info. I work out religiously and follow a very 'clean' diet. Fruit/Veg leans protein, and as a result have a body I am proud of, although My face doesn't seem as slim as it shold be in repect to my body. I sometimes put it down to the bumps under my skin pushing my cheeks out a little and changing the contours of my face but in the following info I just found, it says about 'problem skin' "pores exude fat when squeezed'. Really???? fat?!

Heres the info.

PROBLEM SKIN:

How to Tell

• Very large, dirty pores

• Pores exude fat when squeezed

• Skin is excessively oily

• Moderate to severe acne

• Skin is prone to blackheads, blemishes

How to Treat

Consult a dermatologist, if you have not already done so. You most likely require prescription medication that you cannot obtain at MenEssentials.

If you are already on prescription medication, do not pop, squeeze or pick at acne blemishes. Wash your face twice daily with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Use cosmetics and toiletries that are specifically marked "noncomedogenic."

Avoid things that can aggravate your acne (oils, airborne grease, irritating clothing or sporting equipment, and so on). Use protective clothing and sunscreens. Avoid tanning booths.

Thoughts???

Thanks.

Hi guys. First post here. Dr has reccommended accutane for me but I thought id try some other things first as Im scared of the possible side effects. Anyways, I was just doing a bit of reading when I came across the following info. I work out religiously and follow a very 'clean' diet. Fruit/Veg leans protein, and as a result have a body I am proud of, although My face doesn't seem as slim as it shold be in repect to my body.  I sometimes put it down to the bumps under my skin pushing my cheeks out a little and changing the contours of my face but in the following info I just found, it says about 'problem skin' "pores exude fat when squeezed'. Really????  fat?!

Heres the info.

PROBLEM SKIN:

How to Tell

• Very large, dirty pores

• Pores exude fat when squeezed

• Skin is excessively oily

• Moderate to severe acne

• Skin is prone to blackheads, blemishes

How to Treat

Consult a dermatologist, if you have not already done so. You most likely require prescription medication that you cannot obtain at MenEssentials.

If you are already on prescription medication, do not pop, squeeze or pick at acne blemishes. Wash your face twice daily with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Use cosmetics and toiletries that are specifically marked "noncomedogenic."

Avoid things that can aggravate your acne (oils, airborne grease, irritating clothing or sporting equipment, and so on). Use protective clothing and sunscreens. Avoid tanning booths.

Thoughts???

Thanks.