Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have very mild acne but my breakout are consitent. My doctor prescribe for me to take 80mg a day, 40 in the morn/ 40 at night.

I think this is too much. I way 142 with my clothes on but I still think this is too much for my body. i'm scared because I'm prone to have whatever sid eeffects for most meds. I think I'm reluctantly going to just take 40 a day and see what happens because I think I will have major problems if I do the entire 80 a day.

I poped my first pill this morning and let me tell you I think I'm syking myself out all ready because I feel weird.

I have very mild acne but my breakout are consitent. My doctor prescribe for me to take 80mg a day, 40 in the morn/ 40 at night.

I think this is too much. I way 142 with my clothes on but I still think this is too much for my body. i'm scared because I'm prone to have whatever sid eeffects for most meds. I think I'm reluctantly going to just take 40 a day and see what happens because I think I will have major problems if I do the entire 80 a day.

I poped my first pill this morning and let me tell you I think I'm syking myself out all ready because I feel weird.

Searchingsoul, don't take this the wrong way - but relax! People seem to experience a lot of anxiety and worry when they begin a course of Accutane and it makes you sort of paranoid about every little thing. Take some deep breaths. biggrin.gif

if you're going to take accutane at all, follow the directions given to you. you'll regret you didn't later on. please don't think you know more about this than your doctor does...

Searchingsoul, don't take this the wrong way - but relax!  People seem to experience a lot of anxiety and worry when they begin a course of Accutane and it makes you sort of paranoid about every little thing.  Take some deep breaths.  biggrin.gif

The standard dosage is 1mg/kg of weight per day, max dose is 2mg/kg per day.  You say you weigh 142lbs, that's about 64kg.  Your dose is 80mg a day, so that's (80mg/64kg) = 1.25mg/kg.  Slightly higher dose than average, but no where near the max dose.  Hope that helps.

UPDATE!!!

The first six days have been okay. I have dry patrches on some parts of my face but my face is still oily as heck probably more oily. My lips and throat are hella dry but I drink plenty of water and have kept my aquaphor at hand so for the most part I'm doing ok......

For some reasson on Saturday around my nose was really sore but it's okay now.

DAY 7

DAILY 80

40mg @ Breakfast

40mg @ Dinner

Progress::Lips are very dry, face seems oilier than before. No active bumps on face. The bumps on my back are somewhat healing (going away)

DAY 10

40mg Morn

40mg Night

PROGRESS: Lips extremely dry(can't go without Aquaphor), a few tiny bumps coming out nothing to cry about. Skin less oily today.So Far I'm okay.

Guest Craigems

I hate to be the party pooper, but this isnt an Accutane log-book area. But because i'm nice, and i've allowed for the FIRST MONTH to go un-noticed. The link to get to Accutane log-book journies or acne log-books is ... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=6

Goodluck with your experience on tane, and on day 30 this thread can be locked or "Moved" to the Personal Regime logs area (just private message me if you want it moved!

Thanks Craig.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking maybe it was me.....but whatever it was it went away. So far I'm okay, I drink a gallon of water a day so I hope that helps with something.

Italked with the doctor and she told me to take the 80mg despite the brand. I 'm trying to start worrying myself because then I will be stressed and I breakout when I stress. I'm gonna take it one day at a time.....

DAY 11

40mg / Morn

40mg/ Night

Progress: Lips extremely dry, less oil on my face and everywhere else. Ezcema coming out more. A little sad yesterday but I doubt if that had anything to do with accutane........