Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leopardskinny

does anyone know of a good base

Help! all the makep in the shops is too dark for my skin. Does anyone know of specially made pale makeup- that covers redmarks well?? thanks xxx

if you've not heard of it already, aromaleigh mineral makeup has a shade called alabaster, which i mix with another pale color of theirs. it's www.aromaleigh.com- they have small samples for sale, as well. this is the best line i've found so far for pale and neutral shades. lorac's neutralizer is extremely pale/yellow and helps a little with red marks but isn't enough on its own.

veggiegirl, cute sig. just discovered morninsgstar farms version. sweet jesus.

You might want to try Mineral Make-Up. Most companies sell samples to try before you buy for .35 cents to $2. www.corycosmetics.com and ww.raesinimages.com have some super pale shades! I have pale skin and purchased Linen-1 from Raesin Images and it was actually to light for my skin!

As for covering red marks, you may want to try a pale green concealer-green tends to cover red really well, without showing green.

Why don't you try out Bare Escentuals? That's a really cool mineral brand which has the most porcelain bases.

Sometimes, but, especially in winter, I can look pretty Nordic (thank you, Mom) even though I'm not, so I don't like the feeling of a traditional foundation.

That's why I use FL or L crushed mineral powder with a large brush. You want to swirl around the tiniest bit though and only where you need it.

Plus, it has an SPF 15, which is pretty good.