Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Dan,

What do you think of a Buf Puf? My parents gave it to me and said it had worked for them as acne has run in my family. I started using it last week and havent really noticed any improvement but its hard to tell. Yesterday my friend told me the Buf Pufs are bad for you skin and just aggravate/irritate your skin. I was just wondering what you had to say on this topic.

Thanks

I JUST (like an hour ago) got back from my Dermatologist and she asked me what I used on my back, and I told her that I was using a loofa. She stopped me there and said that I HAVE to stop using it. She perscribed a benzoyl peroxide wash, and she told me that I should use only my HAND to wash my back, nothing else, not even a cloth. She told me, although loofas get the bumbs away, they irritate the skin and don't allow recovery.

I visited a physician a few months ago about my facial acne and he told me to use Buf Pufs for the milia (small hard white things that never seem to go away) surrounding my eyes. I tried them, but they didn't work. I now sometimes use them to gentley remove the peeling skin around my eyes caused by Retin-A Micro. My mom used them during her 20s and most of her 30s, and she said they worked for her. Meh, I wouldn't reccomend them unless your skin is peeling.

Buff Puff is okay to use once in a while to help exfoliate the skin. But using it on a daily basis is much too aggressive....it can overstimulate the skin leading to more breakouts.