Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antony

Taking Accutane Morning of Blood Test

What do you guys do when you have one of the routine blood tests while on Accutane in terms of taking your daily dose?

I have my blood test at 10am and must be fasting from midnight. But I need to take my morning half of my daily Accutane dose obviously in the morning and so before my blood test-- but to properly absorb the Accutane I need to take it with food, ideally with some fat in it. However I can't eat before my blood test.

A dilemma no?

What do I do?

Guest Craigems

i dont need to fast. biggrin.gif:D:D:D

what do you mean craigems, I was expressly told by my derm you have to fast.

ive seen people post here that their results were fucked up just because they had alcohol WITHIN A WEEK of the blood test. apparently it's a big deal if you eat anything with a few hours of the test. they actually even insist that you eat nothing within 12 hrs.

just take the pill after the test. I dont think your cycle is going to be ruined because of a few hours.

They wont even take my blood if I havent been fasting for 10 hours

What do you guys do when you have one of the routine blood tests while on Accutane in terms of taking your daily dose?

I have my blood test at 10am and must be fasting from midnight. But I need to take my morning half of my daily Accutane dose obviously in the morning and so before my blood test-- but to properly absorb the Accutane I need to take it with food, ideally with some fat in it. However I can't eat before my blood test.

A dilemma no?

What do I do?