Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
araratbus

Cross, Peel, Jessner

Can someone please explain these terms? I see them everywhere on the boards and they seem to be what's working for the majority of people....I WANT IN!!!! Procedures, Suppliers, Healing tips from experience? PLease inform the newbies!!! LOL

Can someone please explain these terms? I see them everywhere on the boards and they seem to be what's working for the majority of people....I WANT IN!!!! Procedures, Suppliers, Healing tips from experience? PLease inform the newbies!!! LOL

Tca & jessner peels are considered to be medium strength peels, depending on the strength of the tca, it could be deep. you can also do a jessner and tca at the same time (best if your prone to breakouts, and it helps the tca penetrate the skin deeper) thats my fav. peel. Tca cross is were you take some tca and put it on a toothpick and gently press it into the scar (just the scar, try to avoid surrounding tissue) this I prefer not going over 20% tca to use because chances of scaring good normal tissue around your scar if it gets outside of it somehow (like you drop some or it just travels out of the scar) can cause worse scaring in higher %. Healing time for jessner & tca is about 7 days, less if your lucky and heal fast. I bought my jessner off of ebay from a lady named AZGECKO (hope i spelled that right) anyways i am on my second bottle from her, I really like the stuff, I buy my tca from platinumskincare.com, I have also bought tca from makeupartistchoice.com but the highest % they sell is 18% I believe. After you do the peel you will need a good lotion to keep your skin moist, the best I have found that didnt break me out was udderly smooth you can find it at walmart in the bandaid isle.

Thanks kamstan, that was helpful. So to do both the Jesner and the TCA, you just follow the directions for normal Jessner application, then 5 minutes later you apply TCA? Any precautions or things to watch out for? I read somwhere on the board that TCA causes blot clots if you use a cotton swab??? Being a pre-med student, I find this hard to believe...nevertheless I'm a newbie at this stuff...Thanks again for the info