Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did you know that if you eat 6-10 baby carrots a day, you getting 180% of your reccomended dose of vitamin a??

And 1 250 ml glass of orange juice ives you 120% of your daily reccomened dose of vitamin c.

The more you know!

And the more natural the form of vitamin you intake, the better absorbed it is by your body... The chemically derived analogues of vitamins found in most supplements aren't absorbed as well as naturally occurring forms found in food.

Supplements = good

Healthy diet = better

Healthy diet + supplements = best!!!

The more you know!!! wink.gif

hi just wanted to let you know that Oranges and orange juice arent good for acne as they can prolong inflammation. Obviously this is not true for everyone but my doctor told me this and i also read it in an magazine problem page thingy so im thinking there must be some truth in it!

I'm on a 1gallon of pure fresh squeezed OJ/ a day type of diet.

Seems to be working rather well.

The doc must be talking about the pasterurized version because the fresh squeezed by hand version does not cause any inflamation

Drinking too much orange juice at once, ie even a glass, is VERY bad for acne as it raises your blood sugar too quickly, causing an insulin spike. This is TERRIBLE for anyone who IS acnegenic (ie if you get acne, that means YOU), and should be avoided at all costs. There are other ways to get the vitamins and nutrients you'd want to get through a glass of OJ. For example, one kiwi contains as much vitamin C as a glass of orange juice, without the whole insulin spike. Fruit juices in general, even though they are healthy, will tend to trigger or worsen acne in those who are acnegenic, because they so rapidly and significantly elevate blood sugar levels, causing the breakout-promoting insulin spike that this does (the sugar also promotes inflammatory effect in skin associated with acne).

Antony....what about drinking organic orange and carrot juice? I heard this is great for skin. If so, any brands you would recommend?

(I'm in Canada)

That is true antony. however, you can decrease the insulin spikes rather easily. For ever small drink of OJ, eat some peanuts, cashews, or even brazil nuts.

I have incorporated adding Olive Oil into my fresh OJ.

There is no such thing as RDA when you are talking about Beta Carotene as your body converts only what it needs to retinol, the rest is used to turn your skin yellow-orange and other cool colours. Thus you either look tanned and good or like you have Jaundice. Be thankful if you are the former.

The more you really know! wink.gifidea.gif

Ive been drinking this orange juice that has 90% less sugar than other brands. but it doesnt taste as good sad.gif