Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aaah21

acne on guys vs acne on girls

i know that when i see a girl with acne its diff than guys, because more girls have clear skin, but mild acne doesnt turn me off....

how do girls see guys with acne?

i know that when i see a girl with acne its diff than guys, because more girls have clear skin, but mild acne doesnt turn me off....

how do girls see guys with acne?

I think acne is harder to deal with for girls because they are expected to look good i guess.

I hardly ever see a good looking guy with a not so good looking girl but I'v seen plenty of not so good looking guys with very pretty girls.

Guys with acne is very very normal. Its not really a problem. With girls its more rare, therefore its worse for girls.

Agree

(a) girls are judged more for their appearance and thus are socialized to value it more highly; studies show girls/women are significantly more likely to be bothered by acne despite the fact that males are significantly more likely to suffer it, and especially to suffer it far more more severely

(b) teenage girls are especially vulnerable to such pressures

© acne is far rarer for girls (1/10 to 1/20 amount of tesosterone potentially converted to dihydrotestosterone overstimulating oil glands) and thus to have it makes you stand out that much worse

(d) scars acne can leave don't look bad per se on a man, scars often connoting toughness, experience, resilience, manliness, whereas scarring on a woman's face is considered unfeminine, 'ugly'

however girls DO have more options with acne. not only can they use makeup (obvious no no for guys) but they can take very high cure rate anti-androgen oral contraceptives like Diane-35 and Yasmin. guys cannot play with their hormones in the same way; we need our tesosterone to mature into and remain "fully functional men" if you know what I mean! wink.gif

girls tend to overlook appearance far more in guys than guys overlook appearance in girls.

in short, a guy with acne can get a girl far more easily than a girl with acne can get a guy.

nevetheless, if it is teenage girls you are talking about you should know by now that it's all about being a cute guy, everything else comes second. i grew up with two sisters and when both were teenagers and had sleepover parties i'd eavesdrop like the little brat i was-- might have been rude but it was good for me because i learned so much about teenage girls ahead of my time. and the first and most revelatory thing i learned was that most teenage girls are incredibly shallow. it's all he's cute, and he's so cute, and i'd love to lose my virginity to him because he's totally cute, but that guy is sooo not cute, and he's just plain ugly and so on. maybe shallow isn't the word though because we all THINK like this, teenage girls just seem to articulate and tend to act on this disposition far more freely than most.

JWIZ it's only human nature it's not superficial at all to be turned on by someone you find attractive. i've already been noticing girls paying a lot more attention to me now that i've been working out every day and am basicalyl already clear from accutane

i suppose its harder on girls, but then again girls can easily get boyfriends and get laid whereas its harder for guys to get girls and get lid with acne.

Acne is alot easier to deal with for a women then men. 1. women can wear tons of makeup to cover it up 2. women can go on birth control to help take care of acne.

i will admitt having a clear face is a good thing. But there are two things you can control totally. 1. having a great looking body 2. having a great personality. those are two things that you have total control of and can change.

yeah acne is easier for women to control in theory but that only makes it that much more embarrassing and noticeable when despite this a woman STILL has acne. you would look at her and say what the hell is wrong with her?! doesnt she use makeup or take the pill or something? is she just gross AND lazy?!

whereas youd look at a guy with acne and say gross but then again i guess it's not like he can use makeup or take the pill or anything

so acne is easier for women to deal with IF they can actually deal with it

however if a girl has acne and makeup doesnt help and the anti-androgen pills dont work, then she REALLY stands out that much more while she's surrounded not only by girls who aren't acnegenic but girls who get 'fixed' by a pill and whose makeup works perfectly

I'd like to add that it may be easier for a girl to deal with acne by using makeup, and birth control pills, they show tendencies to outgrow acne at a much later age, often 30's and 40's, while men tend to get rid of it in their mid 20's.

If adult acne is a minority, adult MALE acne is a SERIOUS minority.

While guys are significantly likelier to suffer acne and especially more severe acne in their teens, almost ALL such guys 'outgrow' it by their mid 20s at the latest.

On the other hand, females are FAR likelier than men to have acne as adults. This includes not only acne persisting into adulthood if they already have it as teens, but also includes females who NEVER get acne as teens SUDDENLY getting acne at 20-30 and having it last for years and year and years. Women are also ESPECIALLY prone to acne rosacea and to obviously menstrual acne, indeed at almost any age.

So while it sucks for guys as teenagers chances are overwhelming that after about 25 you'll never really have to think about it again.

BUT some guys, though very, very few, do still get acne well into adulthood.

Such guys should almost CERTAINLY get androgenic testing, IF say Accutane fails them, as their problem is most likely hormonal, and there can be male-tailored treatments for this they should look into.

JWIZ it's only human nature it's not superficial at all to be turned on by someone you find attractive. i've already been noticing girls paying a lot more attention to me now that i've been working out every day and am basicalyl already clear from accutane

Agreed. about 4 years ago i used to be this fat pizza faced girl and as soon as i lost the pounds and cleared up most of my acne more guys were talking to me.

never really know who likes you for you.

Its sooooooo much worse for girls i really think it is. Girls with acne are fewer and far between and what if u dont wanna wear make up coz u feel its making it worse or if birth control is the cause of ur acne!

I dont think its easier for girls at all i think its so much harder as in general girls are far more vain and compare themselves way more.

Feel free to correct me if u think im wrong cool.gif

well in general a female of any age can basically get laid anytime she wants, unless she's quite ugly. she just has to go up to any guy and say "fuck me" and he will, baffled with himself but delighted. however a guy no matter how good looking cant go up to any girl and say "fuck me" and expect to get laid-- a guy has to work for it, though admittedly if he IS exceptionally good looking his work is MUCH, MUCH easier.

even though in general it's "harder" for a guy to get laid than a girl, a guy's attractiveness isn't lowered by acne to the same degree as a girl's is. sure a girl with acne can still get laid, but the guy fucking her is going to notice her acne nonetheless far more than a girl with acne having sex with a guy is going to notice the guy's acne. girls in maturity are far more willing than guys are to look beyond a person's look; however as teenagers it's a whole other issue and thank god i'm out of that mess.

thanks Aizzuh,ive been posting quite alot recently as ive had the flu so been at home for the past few days so everyone is being subjected to my views!

my skins looking ok, its actually clearing up nicely but you know what its like all i do now is wonder when my next break out will be and have to hope and pray its not before some important event or something! I live in constant fear of breakouts even when im 99.9% clear! Pathetic i know confused.gif

Im glad that your skin is clearing up and i really hope it stays that way for both of us eusa_pray.gif

Oh my god, come on now, we all know acne is way harder for girls than guys. In our society girls have to look beautiful and skin is # 1 thing to looking good. If u have bad skin, u just look like shit no doubt. Yes girls can cover it with makeup but trust me no amount of make up can cover bad acne, it just makes it look more worst because people know you are trying to cover it. If a guy with acne has a nice body and has lots of money, girls will be drawn to them despite their acne.

Oh my god, come on now, we all know acne is way harder for girls than guys.  In our society girls have to look beautiful and skin is # 1 thing to looking good. If u have bad skin, u just look like shit no doubt.  Yes girls can cover it with makeup but trust me no amount of make up can cover bad acne, it just makes it look more worst because people know you are trying to cover it.  If a guy with acne has a nice body and has lots of money, girls will be drawn to them despite their acne.

it's obviously so much harder for girls.

it's just how society is.. but i also don't know why it's like that in my head also (sort of)

if i see a guy with acne it's just like NOTHING

but with a girl you really notice it and it's unfair, but i have acne and i do that too.