Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been working out every day for the past 3 days; lifting weights, push-ups, sit-ups, running on the treadmill - stuff like that.

Also I've been using "Botchla's Regimen" and it has been going REALLY well and it's clearing me up a lot in such a short time. I'm actually almost clear except for some red marks. Well, ever since i started working out, i've been getting active pimples & im breaking out. mad.gif This is probably from the sweating, right? Should I just stop working out or do you have any other suggestions?

PS. after i work out, i always wash my fash with cetaphil real quick, just to get the sweat off.

Working out causes your hormonal levels to fluctuate more wildly -> after workouts the levels of testosterone and other hormones increase significantly, and then when you take a day or two break they decrease by the same amount (loosely speaking). Increased hormonal levels lead to increased sebum production which leads to clogged pores and acne. Only way around it is to make sure every single pore is perfectly clear and you have 0 pore clogging residue on your face, which is of course impossible.

I was 99% clear until I started working out, and have been getting worse since. It is a tradeoff that you have to make, unfortunately, but you're not the only one who has had to make it.