Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was up late watching tv last night and there was this commericial on for the "pimple eraser" It was literally like a roll on device of some kind, and they showed it being applied over someone's face and erasing pimples. It was absurd. It was soooooo absurd. They said it had glycolic acid in it or something. Unbellievable how commercials take advantage of people and say that it can "erase" acne. Because everyone knows thats not possible.

Check it out- its supposed to be available at walgreens, or at pimpleeraser.com. Is this stuff legit?

I was up late watching tv last night and there was this commericial on for the "pimple eraser" It was literally like a roll on device of some kind, and they showed it being applied over someone's face and erasing pimples. It was absurd. It was soooooo absurd. They said it had glycolic acid in it or something. Unbellievable how commercials take advantage of people and say that it can "erase" acne. Because everyone knows thats not possible.

Check it out- its supposed to be available at walgreens, or at pimpleeraser.com. Is this stuff legit?

Guest TylerD

All it is... is just glycolic acid lotion you put on and leave it on at night it wont work so dont bother waisting your money getting this crap not that anyone would i would hope but just incase someone is thinking about it.

I just registered so I could reply to this post.

I have not seen the ad but it does sound lame. But, I bought the stuff when I was at Walgreens the other day. I have never tried glycolic acid except in a skin cream/lotion. They call this a lotion but it's just a clear liquid which I like because you can't use a gel under makeup and any sort of lotion just blocked my pores more.

Anyway, I didn't even buy it for me, I've had bad skin since I was 12 and I'm 43 now so I've basically given up. But my son's skin is really pretty bad. He gets ingrown hairs all around the edges of his hairline, blackheads, and pimples. My daughter gets pimples around her period time.

So, when I saw it wasn't benzoil peroxide or salicylic acid I was trying to be the good mom and bought it. $10. Which I hated to spend on another waste of time, but I really don't want my kids to feel about themselves the way I did!

It actually seems to be helping! I was surprised since, like I said, I've basically given up. In my opinion Dermatology is a wonderful field for doctors because "no one dies and no one is ever cured" mad.gif

Anyway, I bought it on Saturday I think and today is Tuesday and my son's face was looking improved enough that I went back and bought my daughter some.

The bottle is listed as having less than 2 ounces in it and believe me, it doesn't seem like there is a lot in there so I don't know how long it will last... it has a little pad on top to dap it on your skin and I don't think it smells like much of anything. My son said it did sting one of his worst pimples. It's got some alcohol in it. It doesn't list the strength of the glycolic acid but it is the first ingredient.

Anyway, so far so good with my kids (ages 15 and 13) so if they have a miracle turn around or a nasty reaction I'll let you know more later. I just tried some myself so we'll see.

Oh, and they use Clearisil scrub daily too, my son's skin is a little better when he uses that faithfully.

I think the fact that it says it takes 6 weeks to see improvement makes it sound more reasonble that the original poster made it sound. Obviously there is no product that can erase pimples immediately, but glycolic acid over a long period of time can help acne.

Thanks for the post Laura, keep us updated.

I bought this stuff about three weeks ago, and let me tell you, i have tried everything under the sun that you can buy over the counter, and even proactive. This roll on pimple eraser is the only thing that reduced the size of my cyst's on my chin, and a few on my cheeks. I think it's great. Mock it if you must, but it's working for me, and I am going to pick up another tube friday!

Klear Action has a great Glycolic Toner and in the past it has cleared me up, more than just using BP alone, so I could see how this stuff could work...but for $10 , I'd go to Drugstore.com and purchase Klear Action Toner for a big bottle than just a little tube of Glycolic Acid!

But, Glad to see it's working....

Klear Action has a great Glycolic Toner and in the past it has cleared me up, more than just using BP alone, so I could see how this stuff could work...but for $10 , I'd go to Drugstore.com and purchase Klear Action Toner for a big bottle than just a little tube of Glycolic Acid!

But, Glad to see it's working....

Just thought I'd give you an update. My daughter's skin is quite clear now, she uses a scrub/wash every few days and witch hazel every day to clean her skin. Then she puts the Pimple Eraser on all over. On the specific spots, she puts a tiny dab of bp. It's a couple weeks after her monthly breakout so it might just be that... we'll have to wait until next month to see. Oh, and I had her try the aspirin mask, she liked that too.

I did the mask on my son and he uses the scrub almost every day, and the pimple eraser at night. His face seems better but I think some are coming out... he had a lot of lumps under the skin, not huge, but no head to them, and they are starting to come out. I use the pimple eraser on his back and it does seem to be helping.

No major, "OMG, it's a miracle!" yet, but it seems to be helping so we're going to continue using it.

Just to let you know....

It's not "pimple cream" because it does not have BP or SA in it...in fact it isn't cream at all. It's a clear liquid with glycolic acid. It's supposed to be used all over not only to get rid of them but to prevent. My daughter's skin looks really good (even right now at 'that time of month'--wouldn't she die is she knew I posted that? lol) My son needs to be better about using the scrub everyday but it does seem to be helping, especially on his back and around the hairline.

I'm actually using the Pimple Eraser right now, too. I found it at Walgreen's for $9.99 ( wacko.gif ). I have noticed a whitehead on my cheek that I keep picking around (not exactly on it, so ha ha!) shrinking, and a dark mark from an old pimple lightening up very slowly. I've been using it 2x/day since Monday. I'm using the P.E. in conjunction with a glycolic acid cream at night, and so far all those AHA's are working, man. I mainly got it to help even out my bumpy-textured cheeks without harsh, grainy exfoliators (my skin's too sensitive right now for my L'Oreal microdermabrasion kit OR my St. Ive's Apricot Scrub). My face has improved loads in five days.

And I cut down on refined sugar for the past two weeks and I'm drinking more water, too. So maybe it's everything I'm doing. But the P.E. isn't hurting!

I was thinking about trying this. I saw it at Walgreen's too. I just want something for my redmarks. BP and Hibiclens seem to be keeping my breakouts way down.

Posted · Hidden by AKL, September 16, 2012 - Bumping a 7-year old topic
Hidden by AKL, September 16, 2012 - Bumping a 7-year old topic

There are many best scar cream available in the market. But, the best way to remove pimple is to go for the natural way. Drink a lot of water and avoid warm things such as eggs and chocolates.