Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everybody,first off, i would like to thank dan for this website. its great to feel like i'm not alone in this battle.... smile.gif i am 22yr old male and i have been battling acne for the past 2 years now and i have tried everything... proactive, from the bp washes to the gels,sa gels and washes,nature cure pills,differin,antibiotics.. etc. even though benzoyl peroxide had been keepin my acne at bay, it made my face look unhealthy and dull. i didn't want to use products with hella chemicals in it anymore. i wanted to use something with natural ingredients..and those two products are burt bee's tomato soap & Thayers alcohol free toner.

i have finally found an easy daily wash routine that works and i had no initial breakout when i started (3 months ago) . now my face is 100% clear!!! smile.gif my skin is so healthy. this is my first post ever, since i have found something that worked for me, i would like to share the info, and hopefully it will work for you.. smile.gif

the products are :

1. Burt Bee's Garden Tomato Complextion Soap (for oily skin)

2. Thayers ALCOHOL-FREE Original Witch Hazel Toner With Aloe Vera Formula

(for sensitive skin)

*note, i bought both of the products at local health store. u can buy online, just google it.

Routine:

Morning: 1. Wash face with burt bee's soap. wet face, get good thick lather, then gently massage face. don't press hard when washing,be very gentle (key is not to irritate the skin). wash for 30 secs. rinse gently,(when rinsing,don't scrub face) & pat dry.

2. Then when face is dry, apply Thayer's toner all over face. and thats it! theres no need to moisturize because the toner adds moisture.. all day!! (for me, no flakes,no tightness, no greasy feeling or shine, just nice skin glow) but if you like, u can apply a moisturizer.. make sure its non-comedogenic.

it smells kinda funky when you first put it on, but the smell goes away.. it doesn't burn or irritate sensitive skin.. Thayers developed this all-natural toner for healthy-looking skin, adding moisture while protecting the skin from airborne impurities, and an alternative to drying astringents. Witch Hazel is a natural anti-inflammatory, that helps tighten pores and reduce swelling. before, i wasn't a big fan of a toner, cuz i thought it was unnessary, but i have to say, this toner improve my skin so much.. i was sold..

Night: Same as above, but i put on a light moisturizer to keep my skin extra hydrated. i use Complex 15 Face Cream. its Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and fragrance free. but u can use whatever moisturizer that works for you.

also, drink lots and lots and lots of WATER!!! i can't stress that enough.. keep your skin hydrated.. i drink about 10 glasses of water a day.. cuz i work out a lot too..

so thats my routine.. hope this helps somebody... n e questions are welcomed..

What was your acne (mild, moderate, severe)? And where was it?

I have mild acne with small whiteheads, blackheads on nose and that area above the top lip and below the nose (it has a name but I totally forgot what it's called) and comedones.

GA in that Walgreen's cream helped keep the comedones away but now I'm trying Differin so I stopped using GA and Azelex (plus, it seemed like they weren't working anymore... small whiteheads were popping up near my nose. GA helped keep the comedones away though.

Anyways, let me know where your acne is. I want to get rid of the acne on my nose the most... I think acne looks so much better with no acne on the nose (the side profile looks a lot better)!! lol.gif

Alright, I'm done! biggrin.gif

Guest TylerD

Yes you should deffinitely keep updating telling us how your face is doing. I am currently using bp but i dont want to keep using it because although it keeps my face pretty much clear i just dont like the looks of it i use bp and eucerin moisturizer and then some makeup but i dont know id rather just do something natural. Anyway keep us updated and i too am curious how bad your acne was before. Was it moderate or savere or did you just have like a couple here and there.

yea i love the burts bees, zitfree did you know that there is like a 21 page thread about it in the over-the-counter forum??

i had moderate acne.. mostly on my cheeks and chin.. some days were bad. some days were good.. but never gone.... it was so frustrating sometimes.. and i would always get that 1 big pimple. once that one would go away, another one pops up.. my cheeks would always be red.. and my face was so oily..

now the oil on my face was cut down dramatically. i use to have a very oily t zone. . especially my nose.. but not n e more..my pores used to be big too, but the toner corrected that... i hardly see them now. the toner great for black/white heads.. they come right out.. my nose used to be filled with black heads....

Guest TylerD

Hmmm well alot of ppl have good results with that burts bees stuff and it seems like that toner is a farelly good one to use i havnt found much on it but seems like it might be ok right now i use proactiv toner but itss not that good and no one seems to like it lol doesnt do much just makes it easier for the bp to go in but i might look into ordering this toner you say is good.

the toner is great.. i highly recomend... my face is so clear.. no black heads, no white heads.. just nice even toned skin.. also. u can purchase burt bee's brand stuff at walgreens now.. i just bought some of the soap today...theres like a big section of it... now i don't have to run to the natural health store n e more... smile.gif

Guest TylerD

I use mary kay toner formula 3 it has S.A 2% and alcohol to tigten the pores it works great so far and has kept me almost zit free i just started using it and have quit bp i might order this toner you say is good though and try it out.

Burt's Bees soap definitely took it's toll on my face. I tried it out for a whole month, and my face just got worse and more zitted up... it happened to a couple of other people in the last Burt's thread too. I went back to the regimen at night and just cleanse/moisturize during the day bc I didn't want dyed t-shirts... so far my zits are minimal, if I did BP 24/7 I wouldn't have a zit on my face.

At any rate, if the results aren't good on this just let it go. It's not worth waiting it out.

WOW WOW WOW!!

Since i already have the Burts Bees Tomato soap i decided to add this toner in as well and let me tell you this:

IT WORKS AWESOME!!!

I love and WHY?

Any cysts or active pimple that has that bump or that piece of puss that you want to squeeze out this helps get a cotton ball and apply simtinueosly on the pimple keep on wiping on it until it comes off by itself... most of the black and white heads around my chin area have been diminishing or been less visible ... Everytime i use this toner when i check on the cotton ball lots of dirt residue and white and black heads have been pulled off which made me really happy!!

Combining this with the QH mint masque worked really good. My face isn't clear yet but it's better than before!!!

I really reccomend this but also it did moisturize my skin but since this product was meant for sensitive skin and mine is oily/problematic skin so it did dry me out a little and there was no alcohol in it...

yeah!!.. the toner is the best!!... where did u get it at?? i got mines at a local health natural store.. i'm glad it works for you...

Guest TylerD

I think im going to have to order this toner ill have to take a looksy for it over the internet