Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mtvncee

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Versus Yasmin

well ive never taken yasmin so i can't give my opinion on that but i can say that OTC is great for me! i get absolutely no additional break outs around ttotm. i take the lo version and i get no side effects to speak of plus a great bcp that helps control acne. its great for me!

lol- i sound like im trying to sell it!

Can anyone recommend Ortho LO over Yasmin? Which one have you all seen better results with?

While many females will see better results with one particular BCP over another, no one can say which will work better for you. It is too individual a thing to predict how you will react these types of medications. IOW, anyone that recommends one over the other has about a 50/50 chance of being right....

As for results -- I've seen good results, and Ive seen no results with both. I've also seen acne worsen with the addition of BCP's.

While many females will see better results with one particular BCP over another, no one can say which will work better for you.  It is too individual a thing to predict how you will react these types of medications.  IOW, anyone that  recommends one over the other has about a 50/50 chance of being right....

As for results -- I've seen good results, and Ive seen no results with both.  I've also seen acne worsen with the addition of BCP's.

What is the main difference in the two?

I went on Yasmin first and i have some problems in the beginning but then i just had problems with the tiny pimples that it gave me. i got pimples where i normally don't break out at all. so i switched to ortho tri-cyclen lo and now i'm depressed. i don't know if its the hormones or whether its the fact that i'm breaking out with large cysts (probably a combo of both), but i'm depressed. i'm going to finish the month and try a 2nd month so we'll see...

What is the main difference in the two?

OTC Lo is not clinically proven to treat acne; Yasmin is.

OTC (high estrogen verision) is clinically proven and approved by the FDA to treat acne. Search both names here and you will find a lot of information has this has been discussed on NUMEROUS occasions.

Yasmin hasn't worked at all for me. I'm on my fourth month of it and I plan to stay on until I finish the two other packs that I already purchased. Just know that you can't expect results simply because it worked for somebody else. Acne treatment is too individual.