Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antony

Conquering Acne Naturally

I like this as a general overview of what this forum is about. Obviously calorie restriction is out of hte question for bulkers but I like that they encourage a good percentage of carbs still in the form of good carbs.

I don't like the saturated fats comment. No, we don't all know that saturated fats are bad because not all saturated fats are bad. EV coconut oil is really healthy, and the Inuit have been eating extremely high amounts of saturated fats forever(Same with many cultures in the Northern Hemisphere including those in Eastern Europe) and they're healthy.

With a few tweaks, I think this could be a good sticky.

Agreed. If you balance saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats you're fine. Cultures that consume a lot of olive oil, coconout oil or fish oils do not have anywhere near the degree of problems predicted by their high saturated fat diet. This may play into explaining the so called "French Paradox" whereby the French boast remarkably low levels of heart disease considering how high their diet is in saturated fat. It can even be argued that saturated fat itself is not so unhealthy as we've been led to believe: http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cvd_index.html

TRUST ME ON THIS: If everyone just sips down a a tablespoon of olive oil every night, after only a month you will notice a serious difference in your appearance and health. Give it a go and find out for yourself.

Eating coconut oil and sipping down flaxseed is also amazingly beneficial.

I think one of the reasons the French may have lower heart disease, than say Brits or Americans is that they eat LESS overall.

Agreed. If you balance saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats you're fine. Cultures that consume a lot of olive oil, coconout oil or fish oils do not have anywhere near the degree of problems predicted by their high saturated fat diet.

I don't like the saturated fats comment. No, we don't all know that saturated fats are bad because not all saturated fats are bad.

yes i'm aware coconut oil is saturated fat, sorry if that wasn't clear, should have paragraphed. but 'twas late at night and all, you know.

can you tell us more about EGCG?