Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some small depressions left after acne, with red marks in them, they're not very deep, however I've heard that they go away with time. Is this true?

Also, can anyone clarify what exactly "superficial scars" are? I always hear it used with red marks, but it seems like people are talking about osmething other then the marks.

I have some small depressions left after acne, with red marks in them, they're not very deep, however I've heard that they go away with time. Is this true?

Also, can anyone clarify what exactly "superficial scars" are? I always hear it used with red marks, but it seems like people are talking about osmething other then the marks.

The red marks, which tend to make the depressions stand out, will fade over time.  How much time one cannot say.  The depressions themselves can also become less depressed, perhaps moreso with the addition of a topical retinoid.  However, they will most likely stay to some extent for the remainder of your life, unless you do a procedure to erase them (which I wouldn't recommend...).

well considering that I had two very small yet fairly deep depressions in my face a while ago and they've almost entirely filled in, I'm going to go with the first guy to post. The other ones do actually seem to be getting better, but I didn't know if that was just wishful thinking or not. I've noticed people at my high school that have had depressions and they've faded as well. I was just wondering if it happened naturally or if you had to have something done. Either way, thanks for the imput.

Guest delta force operators

im curious about the people in high school that had them filled in..can u please tell me if their impressions were red still and how deep...im thinking they had something done.........im sure theres still some scarring to some extrect..im just wondering how severe the scarrring was couse i too had friends have severe acne i dont see no dips or pitts

i think ylem meant

No, depressions are permanent.

Don't worry though- these pages offer lots of ways to treat and improve indented scars.