Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninja

huge cyst. PLEASE HELP.

Hi there,

For the last week a huge cyst has developed in my eye sac. From what used to be a little tiny zit, quickly formed into a massive red cyst under my eye. The zit is no gone. But the cyst is hard as hell. The last couple days I’ve been trying Fucidin-H cream. But it’s doing nothing at all. Im planning on going in for hydrocortisone shots for it. How long will it take for the cyst to go away after the shot? Does the shot make it even more red? I just want it to be gone, and don’t want it to get worst.

Thanks

Hi there,

For the last week a huge cyst has developed in my eye sac. From what used to be a little tiny zit, quickly formed into a massive red cyst under my eye. The zit is no gone. But the cyst is hard as hell.  The last couple days I’ve been trying Fucidin-H cream. But it’s doing nothing at all. Im planning on going in for hydrocortisone shots for it. How long will it take for the cyst to go away after the shot? Does the shot make it even more red? I just want it to be gone, and don’t want it to get worst.

Thanks

Hi there,

I had two cysts injected with the hydrocortisone, about a month ago, and one went down almost immediately (and was gone within 48 hours) the other one lingered longer.  My dermo said that if it didn't go away in 72 hours, I should come back for a deeper shot. 

I hope that helps a little!

I had a cyst get injected a few months back, and overnight it decreased in size drastically. I didn't notice it get much more red, it pretty much just went away.

the problem with the shots is that usually the derm is backed up for a month.....and you need it right away........do any of you guys know if any other doctor could do it??? Last month i got the biggest cyst of my life on my nose...it took everything for me just to be in public....and i work at a mall too...sucked......

Guest Craigems

i would also suggest a courtisone shot.

Hi there,

For the last week a huge cyst has developed in my eye sac. From what used to be a little tiny zit, quickly formed into a massive red cyst under my eye. The zit is no gone. But the cyst is hard as hell.  The last couple days I’ve been trying Fucidin-H cream. But it’s doing nothing at all. Im planning on going in for hydrocortisone shots for it. How long will it take for the cyst to go away after the shot? Does the shot make it even more red? I just want it to be gone, and don’t want it to get worst.

Thanks