Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Marino

Comparing our problems

Guest Marino

I've let my acne/red marks get me down when ever they come along [on and off for the past 6 years] when I have no acne/marks its the best time of my life, when I have acne/Red marks I feel like crap. If my medication dosnt work and I have acne/red marks for more than 6 months or just before a formal or something big-I feel really crap and depressed.

But then again when I think of all the problems in the world; why should I be on my knees praying every night for me skin to get better, when there are wars ravaging?

Why should I blow thousands of dollars a year on my skin when children are starving?

Why should I be spending all my free time researching acne and its treatments when there are so many more important issues I should familarize myself with in my free study time [uni work, fidning a new part time job, financial information, world news ect]

I personally find it so hard to now be prioritizing my acne over these clearly more important issues.

I dont care who you are, EVERYONE in the world has there own problems, why did myn have to be acne? Acne is just embarasing, no one can show empathy unless they themselves have similar acne. Its so hard to justify my depression due to acne. I wish I had normal everyday problems like everyone else [such as I got up late to work, still haven't got that promotion yet, my girlfriend wont talk to me] you know just normal things to worry about.

Do you find it hard to spend so much money and emotional time on acne when there are more serious issues to invest it in?

Ahhh, very good topic. I myself have expounded on the idea that acne is not the WORST thing in the world.

But it does remain one of MY problems, and therein lies the difference. As long as I am willing to tend to my acne but NOT let it get to the point where I believe it is the worst thing that could happen to ANYONE, then the perspective that I need is there.

Here is my take on this subject. I think acne sufferers and others with chronic health conditions are in a stalled state. Like any problem that presents itself, we go about trying to solve it , deal with it and move on. It becomes part of your past experiences.

With acne, the problem solving becomes a point of fixation. I think reasonably so. It is hard to move on when the problem is still there. We are stuck in a cycle of frustration and hypervigilance about our skin and anything affecting it, be it medicines, over the counter products, diet, sleep, etc.

It is hard to move on when it has not resolved and taken its place in the past and in memories. When I have had other long seemingly neverending issues I have felt like I am being selfish as that is all I can think about. It really isn't the case. When you are in dispair it is unfair to yourself to be critical as it is very difficult to think of anything else or others in such a state.

Here is my take on this subject. I think acne sufferers and others with chronic health conditions are in a stalled state. Like any problem that presents itself, we go about trying to solve it , deal with it and move on. It becomes part of your past experiences.

With acne, the problem solving becomes a point of fixation. I think reasonably so. It is hard to move on when the problem is still there. We are stuck in a cycle of frustration and hypervigilance about our skin and anything affecting it, be it medicines, over the counter products, diet, sleep, etc.

It is hard to move on when it has not resolved and taken its place in the past and in memories. When I have had other long seemingly neverending issues I have felt like I am being selfish as that is all I can think about. It really isn't the case. When you are in dispair it is unfair to yourself to be critical as it is very difficult to think of anything else or others in such a state.

Other people's problems are not your concern. Chances are, they don't care about your problems, so why should you care about theirs?

And your own issues that get placed on the backburner because of your acne? Only you can decide how to serve yourself best.

I've just basically given up on ever being attractive. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop being bitter about it.

simple answer no........it's enveloped my life and been on my mind no matter what i try and think of

it's like a bulldog won't let go