Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
billy70

derm appointment

the last i saw my doctor he said he would phone around and get me an appointment with a derm.that was about 3 weeks ago,well today i recieved a letter from the hospital saying they have recieved a request for an outpatient appointment and will contact me again to arrange a date and time for me to attend.does anyone have any idea how long that might take and does it mean that because ive been refered to them im going to go on roaccutane.

i'm 34 and had acne for about 18 months,been having treatment for about a year.been on oxytetracycline,zineyrt,differin and now retin-a,without much change.i wouldnt say it was severe but nothing seems to help.thanx.

i'm from south wales by the way.

when i was referred to dermatlogist and i had to wait a few months for appt.

i really hate to be the one to tell u this mate but once ur referred theres like still an average wait of 4 months, i waited the 4 months and saw a derm and then he asked me to wait another 10weeks but i wrote a begging letter to him with my blood sample and they changed my derm and saw him sooner, is a nice bloke aswell

i really hate to be the one to tell u this mate but once ur referred theres like still an average wait of 4 months, i waited the 4 months and saw a derm and then he asked me to wait another 10weeks but i wrote a begging letter to him with my blood sample and they changed my derm and saw him sooner, is a nice bloke aswell

well got fed up waiting and phoned the hospital to see how long it was going to take to get an appointment.fucking 8 months they said,fuck that so i went back to see my doctor and asked him could he refer me somewhere else.he said he could but i'd have to pay,i told him i'd pay but only for roaccutane,i'm not paying for some shit to put on my face that wont work,so he said look around for a derm that prescribes roaccutane and i should be seen in about 2 weeks.so does anyone know how much this going to cost,ive got a feeling my credit cards going to get a bit of a bashing!i'll pay anything though to get rid of this.

a couple of years back i had to wait a year!

If this is your first visit, MILK IT as much as you can because they might spend only 5 minutes. You gotta do the sob story about how its making you sad and how you function socially.

They'll be more willing to give you meds then.

i made my appoiontment about a week ago and i go see her 8th august! weird cause i thought the first letter said the waiting list was 17 weeks!

thanx for your replys,aimee how did your appointment go?i've got mine tomorrow don't know what to expect,going to give it the big sob story and see how it goes.hope i get roaccutane but am a bit nervous about taking it.