Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone successfully used the two together? Either layered at the same time or used RAM at night and BHA in the morning?

I read that you should still exfoliate even if you're on RAM becasue the flakiness you get from it is not considered exfoliation, rather than irritation...

Any thoughts?

Guest jeanne0124
Has anyone successfully used the two together? Either layered at the same time or used RAM at night and BHA in the morning?

I read that you should still exfoliate even if you're on RAM becasue the flakiness you get from it is not considered exfoliation, rather than irritation...

Any thoughts?

Guest jeanne0124

I've never posted here before now but have been reading for awhile. I registered last year but couldn't remember the sign on info so I had to register again.

I've been really flaky! I started to add the BP gel this morning. I wanted to wait a bit after starting the Retin A. I think the BP needs to be used with the retin a as I don't think that the retin a helps with the bacteria. I used a microfiber cloth last night to get some of the flakies off and it was really red but then this morning not too bad! I'm using it on my chest also as I tend to breakout there too, so that is flakey also. sad.gif I hope that soon it will be under control.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Have you ever heard of Carley's Clear and Smooth treatment? I've been reading alot of good reviews about this and have been thinking of getting it and using it in the morning and the using the retin a at night. Did you ever find a moisturizer?

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne, it's nice to see you here too smile.gif I've been part of this board for a long time smile.gif  it's like a little support group smile.gif

As far as the BHA,  I don't think I'll even think about it until I've been on RAM for at least over 4months....  I just the other day did a cleanser and baking soda exfoliation to get rid of the flakies, and now my face feels EXTREMELY raw and irritated, so I don't think it would handle acids too well smile.gif

As far as BP yes, I use BP Gel in the morning on active pimples that have been popping up in the purge...  I'm entering my fifth week on it though and it's already started to slow down and the ones that had first come out are pretty much gone smile.gif

We just need patience smile.gif   Now if I could only get rid of the flakies so I can wear the mineral foundation I'd be all set smile.gif

So how's your face doing?

Hi Jeanne,

I've been using the BP Gel right from the beginning, only in the mornings though (can't use together with any Tretinion) and it's made the purging of my pimples go away faster... but has also increased my sensitivity to the sun and tons of flaking. Currently I'm using Clinique's Repairwear SPF15 Day Lotion... it's great... doesn't go on shiny, and doesn't clog my pores... although I'm realizing lately that it's not enough moisture.. since I'm flaking more... OR I'm wondering if it's not adequate sun protection and the flaking is due to it/// because 2 weeks ago I was using Ombrelle spf30 which is known for being an excellent sun protecting SS, and the flaking subsided, but I discontinued using it 'cause I couldn't deal with the shinyness of it. I may have to go back to it though.

First I'm going to experiment just putting a basic moisturizer under the Repairwear ... maybe it's the Zinc Oxide in the Repairwea that's drying it out... who knows...

I'm in my 5th week now of Retin-a micro and I'm doing better as far as purging but the flakiness and redness is starting to get on my nerves... especially since I can't wear any foundation to hide since I'm too flaky any foundation would just enhance it.

How's your regimen coming along? Oh and BTW I've never heard of Carley's Clear and Smooth treatment, what is it?

Guest jeanne0124

Hi Jason,

I don't get really red (except when I use the microfiber cloth or I pick, bad thing I know just cant stop) or anything and the flakies are better, I'm able to wear mmu but can see some dryness. I'd definately be drier if I'd kept on using the BP from the beginning. I'll see what happens since I added it back in. Besides the mmu I don't wear anything with sfp in it as everything I had tried a while ago seemed to make me breakout but its hard to tell since I was using so many different products, it could of been anything. I'm starting to think the less is better thing is true.

There is a big thread about carley's on the MMM forum on Delphi. Here is there web address: www.no-acne.com or you can purchase them on ebay also. It looks very interesting. It uses BP but in a gentle scrub that you rinse off and a soap that has shea butter and other ingredients in it. Oh there is also some reviews on acne.orgs product/treatment ratings link. There are a few who say it didnt work but most have said they've had good results.

Have you heard about the theory about the dermodex mites thing? If so what do you think about that? I'm not quite sure what to think about it. It does seem possible though. There is just way too much info on the net about acne and possible things to try to help/control it. But I'd do just about anything to find something that would help it to go away and stay away.

Jeanne