Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N.V.S

Can too much Zinc give me more zits?

I heard somewhere that too much zinc would only make my skin worse,

I used to take only 4 zinc a day and i noticed that i got a lot of cyst but this could be because i just started b5 or it could be that i ate alot of oatmeal.

Anyone now about this?

My regimen so far is:

Zinc, Vitamins C, E, and B5, one of each in the morning

One more B5 in the afternoon

And one Zinc, Vitamins E, C before i go to bed.

I drink one whey protein shake a day (with water)

I also cut out any breads and milk.

But i have been eating alot of oatmeal (cinnamen and strawberry)

Even with this regemin, i noticed i still get cyst everywhere and only my skin texture is getting better but my acne is still coming everyday. Also, my skin looks like i have gotten a tan or something and is a bit red, maybe too much vitamins?

I dont put anything on my face anymore because Aloe Vera only broke me out.

Someone PLEASE help, i feel nothing is working for me and im already 20 yrs old and i feel like my acne from when I was 13 has returned. I was almost completely clear last november and i dont know what happened.

HELP!

First:

If you are eating flavoured instant oatmeal, you are not actually being that healthy. If you want to cut out excess sugar and carbs and processed foods, eat a slow cooking oatmeal and put a touch of cinn and honey in it yourself. Generally that's a much healthier option.

Second:

You're prob overdosing on zinc. Taking massive quantities of vits are often not a great idea bc even if the amt of that specific vit is tolerated by your system, there are add-on effects. In the case of zinc, if you take much more than your RDA, you can actually cause yourself to have other mineral deficiencies (copper and maybe magnesium). Basically, unless you have some serious medically diagnosed zinc def, you would be better off getting zinc in the form of a multi-mineral or multi-vitamin to make sure you aren't upsetting your body's balance.

If I were you, I would avoid taking excessively large amts of Vit E as well. Most ppl are ok with mega's of C, but generally speaking, taking huge amounts of Vitamins will not clear acne and you could actually harm yourself and over-work your liver.

Perhaps take a two week period and halve your vitamin consumption, eat more greens (those will prob help more than processed foods like micro oatmeal and protein shakes), and use some sort of acne care prod on your skin, like a gentle SA to start with.

How much zinc do you take?  Zinc is actually good for acne, it's been proven to decrease the inflammation of acne.  You really only need 100mg a day or so though.

wow thanks for the advise!

Well i take only two little pills of zinc a day, one when i wake up and one before i go to bed. Should i cut it down to only one a day?

Anyone take b5 with all these vitamins? I think im seeing an improvement but it could just be in my head....but my face still looks off a bit in color, and my eyes seem to look less healthy with these vitamins, anyone get the same reaction?

I drink one whey protein shake a day (with water)

I also cut out any breads and milk.