Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristin389

Sunless-Tanner

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and I have mild to moderate body acne. To me, it seems bad, but anyone who I show it to tells me it's no big deal. But anyways, it is clearing up fortunately and since summer is coming I want to have a bit of a tan. However, I know that real tanning is bad for the skin, and especially for me because my family has a history of skin cancer. So I was wondering if anyone had found a good, oil-free, non comdegenic sunless tanner. Also, I was wondering if the benzoyl peroxide which I use at night would affect the tan. Thank you!

I would recommend TanTowel found in the U.S. at www.hsn.com or in Canada at www.theshoppingchannel.com.

It is very light so it doesn't cause breakouts like self-tanning creams and lotions. Further, being in a saturated towel format, it is much easier to obtain an even, streak-free tan. The TanTowels also come in a larger size for the body.

I haven't had any problems using benzoyl peroxide when using self-tanning products. I usually apply the tanner overnight and repeat the application the following evening if I need a darker tan. Then the process is repeated 1-2 times a week to maintain the results. Between applications of the self-tanner, I use BP as I normally would.

I haven't noticed any fading of the artificial tan when using BP. However, if you are using products containing AHA's or BHA's, the tan will fade more quickly.

use ST. TROPEZ it's the best...realistic color, and thank goodness it comes in oil-free if you get the mousse (mousse auto bronzante). I like the mousse or lotion, but the mousse is good because it drys in 60 seconds, no smells, and you can use it on your face & body. Although I would stick to using it on the body, and instead of the face due to fading uneven, but that happens with all tanners from my experiences. Good luck!

Personally, as with any beauty treatments, i.e. hair colouring, tanning, make-up selection. I ALWAYS get it done for me, my hair is coloured by my stylist, if I get a fake tan its applied by a beauty therapist, and I always go to department stores for make-up advise. These are professionals and it is their job, the results will always be perfect each time and look exactly how you want it to look, not have some nasty scare - especially scary if you are colouring your hair. Best way to go - GET IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY!!!!!!!!!

Lisa- thank you for your suggestion, however I do not have the financial resourcess to go get everything done professionaly, I have colored my hair myself countless times, and every time I do it, it comes out perfectly and I get compliments from other people. I just have to decide what things I want to spend lots of money on, and tanning is not one of them. I'm not afraid of messing up or looking weird, for me I would rather trial and error than spend a wad of cash.

hey kristin i use ambre soliare tanning spray and its great the only thing is i am quite dark skinned anyway especially when i tan, i think alot of people find it too dark but if you want to try it i would recommend it as it sooo easy to apply. Its like an aerosol so you can get it everywhere. I love this stuff

definatelly man, use the sprays, i dont have much experience with numerous products, but i can tell you the sprays will give a more even effect then application types by hand...

and if you really want an amazing fake tan, go to the tanning booth salons, they usually have machines that you stand in buck nakid, that spray rotate you with the spary on tan in every single direction, and it is quite cheap, about 10-15$ where i am...

(i only know this from my chick friends that tell me about it)

but if you really are money concious go with the sprays you buy, cause you can get a whole bottle lasting many times for the price of one of those sprays from the salon

Hi guys-

Hey Mezzano- I'm intersted to know more about the spray tans. I usually just get real tans from the salon/sun but recently have wanted to try the artificial stuff. What is the specific name of the spray you use and where could I buy it??? Thanks!