Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSS

PHOTO FACIAL IPL - PHOTOREJUVENATION

this new facial treament is supposed to erase skin damage, like red brown spots and sun damage,

there is no down time, and no redness after the procedure, it takes like 2 or 3 times of treatment to see results,

anyone know anything about it or tried it?

Guest Marino

I had it but its a long story [the story wont be much help to you]. So ill sum it up "sort of".

If you wanna read it here goes:

I had moderate acne on my forehead. I was perscribed Isotrex [topic Retinoid] It cleared up in 3 months. After the the 3 months my derm told me to keep taking it and not to worry about the red marks [yea right]. I took isotrex for an adittional month [december 2004] then stopped for one month to prep my skin for the 6 micro+glycolic peels. After the peel+Micor [Janurary,Feburay 2005] I decided my skin looked good [about 50 percent better] but there was as still room for improvement. I signed up for 3 photofacials. Again I had to wait another month after my peels [all of march] then in April I went for my photofacials [1 week apart]. I noticed just before the first photofacial my acne had returned a bit [3 cysits compared to none throught decem-March] by the second treatment my face was in full breakout [about 6-9 big zits] I'm pretty sure the photofacials did clear up some of the redness from my red marks but it was so hard to tell with all the acne interfering. Though im pretty sure it did look a bit better. It was hard to tell.

this new facial treament is supposed to erase skin damage, like red brown spots and sun damage,

there is no down time, and no redness after the procedure, it takes like 2 or 3 times of treatment to see results,

anyone know anything about it or tried it?

I've seen no breakouts after one session. No breakouts yet I'm super, SUPER oily. So it must have killed the p-acnes bacteria.

I've seen hardly any change on my brown/red spots and shallow scarring after the one treatment. I need more probably but I can't afford it sad.gif

But I am clear, yay! It even got rid of peach fuzz, lol. Not something I was anticipating.

Good luck and remember to take vitamin c for skin healing. I personally haven't taken msm but that's supposed to help too.

Good luck!

I've seen no breakouts after one session.  No breakouts yet I'm super, SUPER oily.  So it must have killed the p-acnes bacteria. 

I've seen hardly any change on my brown/red spots and shallow scarring after the one treatment.  I need more probably but I can't afford it sad.gif

But I am clear, yay!  It even got rid of peach fuzz, lol.  Not something I was anticipating.

Good luck and remember to take vitamin c for skin healing.  I personally haven't taken msm but that's supposed to help too.

Good luck!

I just had my first IPL last week!!! I signed up for the best derma in town... it better be worth it. I haven't noticed any change so far... but I'm hoping for the best. You're supposed to notice change after 3 sessions.  I'm signed up for 4.

But my derma says to be careful... Because some IPL machines aren't the best of the best... so, some don't produce the best results...

Your not screwed, what about blue light? You just stand infront of a blue light. My derm recommended that for me.

BTW I am light-medium brown skinned and I took to the treatment fairly well.

There's always the test patch.

Good luck.

Your not screwed, what about blue light?  You just stand infront of a blue light.  My derm recommended that for me.

BTW I am light-medium brown skinned and I took to the treatment fairly well.

There's always the test patch.

Good luck.