Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i read somewere that exposure to the sun can damage the skin and cause a delay in the healing of your red marks...my question is...how long do u have to be outside for your skin to get damaged enough to cause a delay?

Im on accutane so plz let me know how long it would probalby take for me

wear sunscreen...ure derm shoulda told u to wear sunscreen when they prescribed it...if u do spend alot of time ure face will get red and the redness wont go away for awhile.

Dont stay to long in the sun while on accutane. If youre sensetive to this youre face get's indeed very red and wont go away for like a week smile.gif

I have that with my arms. If i go in the sun for like a half hour with my arms there al read and dehidrated sad.gif

Yes does any one have a good sunscreen that they could recommend i have tried using the coppertone SPF15 that says on the cover that wont clog pores and wnt cause breakouts. But i have alot of redmarks and everytime i put it on my face it seems to make the red marks redder.

for how long have u been taking Accutane ? is your skin very dry ?

I started to get really Dry after 20 days of taking Accutane, didnt put on any moisturizer since day 1 (BIG MISTAKE) so when I got very dry (couldnt even smile) I run to the store to look for some good moisturizer. I couldnt decide between 5 different moisturizer , so I bought them all .

"Coppertone Oil Free Faces SPF 30 non comedogenic" = made me break out + experienced a rush.

"Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15" = did nothing but burn my face.

"Neutrogena Oil Free Formula Sensitive Skin" = didnt work for me.Got more red patches and little bumps.

"Clinique Moisture in Control Oil Free Lotion" = broke me out like crazy.

"Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion, SPF 30 " = left my skin dried out

"Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer non comedogenic (Medium Tint)" = so far so good, didnt break me out , doesn't make my red marks look redder(they looked better after just1 time of using it.

My only complaint is that it forms small clumps if not blended right, also I wouldnt recommend the tinted version (the medium tinted has a weird brown color that looks like a fake tan ! Other than that its a great moisturizer (specially for sensitive acne/prone skin)

i dunno y no one here uses e45 lotion, im on accutane and it works for ages with no probs at all its brilliant,

the the way uk people we r having a heat wave this weekend so everyone have fun stuck in doors, fucking acne

Same here m8 sad.gif

I dont use any moisterizer with accutane, i'm not very dry luckely. I just use some milk cleanser from my mom in the front of my face tongue.gif, wouldn't recommend using a moisterizer

i just ended accutane on may17 and when i go out into the sun for a while the only thing that happens is that i tan... the red marks show less afterwards.