Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne started when I entered university, and for me, stress and lack of sleep definitely aggravated my condition. My face always looked its worse during exam time.

My acne started when I entered university, and for me, stress and lack of sleep definitely aggravated my condition.  My face always looked its worse during exam time.

My acne is really weird. I NEVER had acne until last september. I am 19 years old, about to be 20 in 2 weeks, and I have always had normal skin without breakouts. My freshman year in college I cannot remember even ONE pimple. I literally stayed up every night till at least 4 am and partied a lot. AND i slept everynight with a mask on, probably because I was too lazy to put a cream or something else on my face. So then last year I went back as a sophmore and started getting mild acne, and have had it ever since. So i guess in September itll be a year.. its still very mild, mostly hormonal right now, but it really really sucks. This year I barely ever go out, I was more into school and more responsible. The only thing that I can think of is that at teh end of last august I got a sunburn on my face, which i NEVER tan, just self tanner, so that might have sparked something, and now im still suffering. Now i think what causes it is my constant touching of my face to feel for new ones, and then if i feel something tiny i pick pick pick till its raw becuase I guess in my head id rather have a scab than a pimple... dumb I know.. right now I actually have 4 small scabs on my face and no pimples... ugh. SO anyways, I think that the sunburn along with obsessing about my acne this year has led to more acne. I think that people should simply treat their acne and then DONT EVER TOUCH it for best results.. but thats something i need to do myself aswell!

Uh, YES. Well, at least for me. Sweating makes me break out too. But as far as the stress goes... I break out more during the school year. During the summer, I'm practically clear... or at least clearer than during school! It sucks though... I mean, I wish it was clear all the time! rolleyes.gif

School is stressful though: homework, tests, friends, guys... etc.

Stress - YES!!! Stress induces your adrenal glands to produce hightened levels of androgens. And what do high levels of androgens help to cause??? Hmm... I wonder! eusa_think.gif lol!!!

I think stress is a HUGE factor. I had normal breakouts (one every few weeks or so), but then my job kicked up into high gear, and all of a sudden, I was COVERED with acne---chin, jawline. I don't think this could just be a coincidence! I'm trying to deal with it now, both externally and mentally, hoping it calms down.