Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HomicidalMo0se

not sure what type of acne i have.

as the title says, i'm not sure what type of acne i have (severe, moderate, cysts, blackheads, whiteheads? i have no idea what these things are). i also have lots of bumps as you can see in the pictures below. i also don't know what these are. can someone tell me what i have? thanks.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

sorry for the big pics.

Guest delta force operators

mild acne..ill referr you to the diet hollistic health department they can clear you up..just post ur pic in there and ask for an expert..

good luck

im sending you down this route couse if you go the conventional route you might just develope severe scarring over the yrs...just thought i give you my dime

uhm... is it that bad??? cry.gif

and when you say conventional path, do you mean the regimen?

and what is this diet hollistic health department? they're not on google...

dude i can barely see shit, i think a medicated cleanser would take care of whatever you have. what are you using right now?

the pictures don't show the bumps very well (they're easiest to see in the first pic in my opinion).

right now i'm using neutrogena gentle cleanser, (just started using) walgreen's alpha hydroxy acide product, dan's bp gel, and neutrogena oil-free moisturizer.

what's this medicated cleanser you're talking about?

edit: does anyone know another moisturizer that won't clog your pores because the one i'm using stings real bad... but i like the fact that it's oil-free and won't clog your pores.

ur lucky, u have mild acne it seems just small pimples, dont irrtate by trying to get rid of it with lods of crap or it could get worse.

Hi, i cant really see the bumps but i can imagine that they must be annoying small though they are. I agree i really wouldnt try lots of harsh products, i would just wash ur face with a good face wash (i use neutrogena clear pore wash, it works well for me but u might have to experiment) moisturise well and dont pick at ur face as the bumps are really tiny and i hoestly wouldnt notice them at all if i met you im sure of it!

If ur really bothered by them i wud suggest going to see you doctor and see what they say but try drinking lots of water and eating well and they should go away.

so what do you guys mean by harsh products? is benzoyl peroxide a harsh product? is aha a harsh product? what i'm tryin' to say is should i continue the regimen? thanks for the help so far.

edit: also, i'm drinking a gallon (3.7 liters) of water a day. is that enough?

Obviously it depends on how concentrated the BP is :S I find that 2.5% is too harsh to use on sensitive areas of skin; ie my neck and around my nose.

A gallon of water is plenty... :S But I think the regimin will clear you up pretty quickly... It's hardly noticeable. I thought mine was getting much better, but yours is better than mine so lol.

Neutogena Moisturizer (both the SPF and Sensitive skin one suck) it burned me up so bad i had to stop the regiment 9 days.

ican't seem to find Cetaphil, or Eucerin, or etc etc here, so im forced to use St.Ives HypoAllergenic Oil Free Moisturizer with cornflower extract(it has no SPF tho) (im getting one once i get my credit card after i graduate)