Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
veggie girl

What do you look for in a make-up? (POLL)

Which is most important to you in a make-up?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which is most important to you in a make-up?

• It contains all natural ingredients
    • It conceals well
    • It is easy to apply
    • It is inexpensive
    • It looks natural
    • It is oil-free
    • It is non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic
    • Other...please tell

What it is the one thing that is most important to you, that you look for, in a make-up/foundation?? Obviously we would all choose multiple answers, but I am interested in knowing your top one.

I chose oil free cos even though it is very important to have extreme coverage- its like a psycho-sematic thing- if I wear somet that may make me prone to more of a breakout then I will just obsess! Then that will lead to me finding one- cos of course theres gonna be another new one, thats the thing when you have acne!! Then I would sqeeze it and it would look worse, etc etc..........!

Guest TylerD

One that conceals well i mean thast the point of makeup. I mean sure the others are somewhat important but if you dont have one that cant cover a damn thing whats the point in having makeup i use merle norman and it covers my pimples amazing if you dont got that no point in having a makeup period.

Exactly what I think, natural look! I couldn't believe this woman’s foundation, she was walking round town with her friends, probably was about late 30's / early 40's, and her face was SO DARK!!! and when you look sideways at her there was this massive tide mark, where her skin is actually quite pale. This wasn't one or even 2 shades off - it was like right at the wrong end of the foundation spectrum. I just hope a salesperson didn't select that for her!!!!

I chose "It conceals well"...like someone above said, that's the point! But I must say that a close second is "Looks natural". I have had such a hrd time matching my porcelain skin tone...almost everything I tried was too orange, and if the shade was right, the coverage was shitty...then I finally tried MAC. It's great, but I'm still interested in trying some MMU...i think it's great that people who make it are willing to custmize shades for you. tongue.gif